ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mysteron69
Newly Registered

FLR M extension

Post by mysteron69 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:54 pm

My wife arrived in the UK on a fiance visa in April 2016. We applied for and received her FLR(M) visa later that year (from the UK). The dates on her BRP say issued 7th Oct 2016 valid until 5th May 2019 - that's 30 months and 28 days.

Does this mean we can apply for the extension from 10th March 2019 (30 months less 28 days from issue date)? Or is it 28 days before 5th May, the BRP expiration date? Or is it 30 months less 28 days from when she first arrived in April 2016?

We intend on applying via Premium Service, when should we submit the extension application/book the appt?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M extension

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Within 28 days before reaching 30 months on her current visa or anytime before her current visa expires.

The time on the fiance visa doesn't count towards the 5 years of or indefinite leave to remain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Post by mysteron69 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 am

Thank you for the swift reply. So if were applying online via Premium Service, could we start the online application and book the appt before the 28 day marker as long as the appointment is within the 28 days, or does the whole process need to start within the 28 days. Sorry if I'm not explaining myself properly, I find this whole thing really confusing. Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:54 am

could we start the online application and book the appt before the 28 day marker as long as the appointment is within the 28 days,
Yes. Note that the appointment in person must be before the visa expires though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Spouse extension

Post by mysteron69 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:50 pm

Hi.

My wife's first FLR(M) was issued 7th Oct 2016, and is due to expire 5th May 2019. My understanding is that we can actually apply for the extension from 10th March, which is 30 months less 28 days from the issue date.

We want to apply for the priority 24 hour service but want to make sure the extension doesn't start before 7th April in order to reach the 60 month threshold in future. Should we therefore not submit the actual application early April, assuming we get an appointment for the document checking, brp registration, etc... at least 5 days afterwards. Can we start the online application process much sooner, and submit - say - 1st Apr?