ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 sponsored to dependend on settled person FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 sponsored to dependend on settled person FLR(M)

Post by navtanwar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:10 pm

My wife is on a Tier 2 General visa sponsored by her company .
I have recently got an ILR and would like to make my wife's visa dependent on my settled status , so prospective employers do not need to sponsor her visa.
I understand that her visa status would be reset , and she would need to complete 5 years to be eligible for her own ILR after new visa issued.

My questions are

1) When applying to change her visa to be dependent on settled person , do we need to communicate it to her current employer about our intention of changing the visa. If yes, this obviously makes the current employer assume intention of leave the firm.

2) What documents would be needed . Do we need a letter or no objection certificate
from her current employer or anything other employer related document

3) Does she need to travel to home country to change her visa to be dependent on me.

4) What would be the fees that would be needed

5) Do we need to wait for sometime after i have gotten my ILR status to apply for my wife's change of visa , i.e. its only been a few weeks that my ILR has been approved.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 sponsored to dependend on settled person FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 pm

1. She only needs to inform her current employer/sponsor once she has a new visa and BRP card.

2. Please read the FLR(M) form, it states what is required. No you do NOT need a no objection certificate. You/Spouse simply need to provide evidence that you meet the financial requirement and an employer letter.

3. No.

4. £1033 plus £500 IHS if you apply by post. £1643 plus £500 IHS if applying in person. Note that IHS is likely increase in December.

5. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by navtanwar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks a lot for the clarifications , Very helpful.

Couple of more questions based on your replies....

1) Can the employer , in any capacity , stop or invalidate my wife from applying for visa change ?
Her employment contract is based out of India , i.e. she was hired in India and then moved to UK.

2) Would the Home Office directly inform the employer once the visa status is changed or is it the applicant's complete responsibility

3) If for 2) , its only applicants responsibility , can the employer claim that applicant did not declare the change of visa status in time. Does home office penalize employer if employer does not inform Home Office of change in visa status of an employee ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:32 pm

1. No. Yous wife is only required to inform them once she has her new visa and BRP card. However, if the company penalises her financially (presuming she is on Tier 2 ICT), that is not an immigration issue.

2. No, it is the applicants responsibility.

3. No and No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by navtanwar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks again, for all answers.

My wife's visa is Tier2 General, non-ICT.

"You/Spouse simply need to provide evidence that you meet the financial requirement and an employer letter."

Regarding your comment above, the requirement of employer letter pertains to my wife's employment ? Is it to prove that she is employed as she has Tier2 visa or to prove that she can financially support herself. Our intention as is evident is to only tell my wife's current employer once BRP is issued and asking for a letter as a proof of our visa application does make this known to company HR. We have seen cases where the company tries to cut bonus or change project once they come to know of such plans, so just playing safe.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:27 pm

The financial requirement of 6 months payslips and bank statements is mandatory for FLR(M). Either you or her or joint income must prove you earn at least £18,600pa. If you do not wish to raise suspicions, then apply using your income only.

There is no requirement to inform her employer PRIOR to applying for the visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by navtanwar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:20 pm

For English language test for FLR (M) visa applications , which test is the suitable category.
I think it is GESE Grade 2 (A1) , but could not find this on the UK VISA site. They list the centres and type of exam , but not the applicable test type.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 pm

A1 life skills or B1
Char (CR001 not Casa)

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by navtanwar » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:08 am

We have been trying to book a premium appointment and for the past 5 days , we try to log in at midnight , but no new appointments are being released.

I have done this earlier and every day a nee set of appointment is released aroond midnight but for the last few days that i have been checking none are released.

Has the timing when new premium appointments are released changed ? If not is this usual that no appointments are releases for few days?
Is it because of holiday season i.e. centre closed or case workers on holidays?