ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to answer Q 5.4 in SET (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neesh
United Kingdom

ILR for PBS dependent (5 year route) - cohabitation query

Post by neesh » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi all,

My wife is due her PEO ILR appointment in a couple of weeks and i was hoping to confirm a couple of things.

She is currently on a PBS dependent and finished her 5 years as my dependent in June 2018.

As proof of cohabitation

1. Is it correct that the documents as proof of cohabitation need to cover the last 24 months prior to the application date?

My list documents is as follows

1. Bank statements (in both our names covering last 24 months).
2. Council tax statements (in both our names covering last 3 years)
3. Letter of registration from GP confirming both of us have been registered with the practice for last 2 years.
4. Tenancy agreements ((in both our names covering last 3 years)
5. Letter from council electoral services confirming both of us have been registered to vote at the current address for the past 3 years.
6. Electricity bills - covering lat 12 months only
7. Sky bills - in my wife's name covering the period of last 24 months (online bills printed at home)
8. Three mobile bills - in my wife's name covering the period of last 24 months (online bills printed)
9. Letter from my employer confirming my address and employment date

2. Do Home office accept bills printed off online copies? Reason i ask is we have several bills from Sky (tv broadband) and Three (mobile) but all online. Has anyone used online copies successfully as part of their application?

3. Are Sky and Mobile bills actually accepted as proof of cohabitation?

thank you all.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: ILR for PBS dependent (5 year route) - cohabitation query

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:12 am

neesh wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:09 pm
Hi all,

My wife is due her PEO ILR appointment in a couple of weeks and i was hoping to confirm a couple of things.

She is currently on a PBS dependent and finished her 5 years as my dependent in June 2018.

As proof of cohabitation

1. Is it correct that the documents as proof of cohabitation need to cover the last 24 months prior to the application date?

My list documents is as follows

1. Bank statements (in both our names covering last 24 months).
2. Council tax statements (in both our names covering last 3 years)
3. Letter of registration from GP confirming both of us have been registered with the practice for last 2 years.
4. Tenancy agreements ((in both our names covering last 3 years)
5. Letter from council electoral services confirming both of us have been registered to vote at the current address for the past 3 years.
6. Electricity bills - covering lat 12 months only
7. Sky bills - in my wife's name covering the period of last 24 months (online bills printed at home)
8. Three mobile bills - in my wife's name covering the period of last 24 months (online bills printed)
9. Letter from my employer confirming my address and employment date

2. Do Home office accept bills printed off online copies? Reason i ask is we have several bills from Sky (tv broadband) and Three (mobile) but all online. Has anyone used online copies successfully as part of their application?

3. Are Sky and Mobile bills actually accepted as proof of cohabitation?
A couple of years ago, I had an appointment and was asked for proof of cohabitation even though it wasn't required for the extension. Right there at the centre, I downloaded our electricity bill, which was in joint name and sent it to the email address the caseworker gave me. It was accepted.

thank you all.
By the way, you dont need to print 12 months or 24 months for each document. You just need documents covering 24 months. Mainly council tax, utility bill etc . so you can provide 6 documents for the whole 24 months
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

neesh
United Kingdom

Post by neesh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:13 pm

thanks a ton for your reply. it is much appreciated.

i had another question -hopefully last.

my wife passed her life in the uk test in 2016. on the certificate she scribbled her name (instead of signature) - those are different from the one she has in her passport.

would that be an issue as part of the application?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:40 pm

neesh wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:13 pm
thanks a ton for your reply. it is much appreciated.

i had another question -hopefully last.

my wife passed her life in the uk test in 2016. on the certificate she scribbled her name (instead of signature) - those are different from the one she has in her passport.

would that be an issue as part of the application?
shouldn't be an issue
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

neesh
United Kingdom

Post by neesh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:16 pm

thanks. i have just realised i dont understand what Q13 means ...

1. it asks for "consent from home office to request verification checks " for the main applicant - this is fine as my wife would provide consent to this.

2. then there is a second part - which asks the following

"Section 13 - Consent for the Home Office to request
verification checks (continued)
If the account with the bank or utility company relates to another person who is to provide the
applicant with financial support, that person* should sign the following declaration :
I am a friend or relative whom the above-named person (‘the applicant’) has stated will provide
financial support. The Home Office is verifying this by checking the documentation which the
applicant has supplied about my accounts with banks or utility companies (a ‘company’). The
company may thus reveal information about me to the Home Office or to the applicant.
I agree to the company giving the Home Office relevant personal data it holds about me in
relation to my account. This is limited to what is necessary to confirm that the documentation the
applicant has supplied is correct. If that documentation is not correct, the company may give the
Home Office details of any inaccuracies / discrepancies in the information that the applicant has
provided, and may also disclose to the Home Office the correct information that they have on
record about the account.
I understand that this may involve the applicant obtaining further details about the account.
I agree that this information may be used as part of the decision making process about the
application and may, if necessary, be disclosed to a court."

• do i (the person whose dependent is applying for the ILR) to agree to this consent? my wife doesnt work at the moment - so technically she is reliant on me for financial support.

do i provide a declaration of sponsorship of any kind - where i state that i will provide financial support without recourse to public funds?
thanks again.

neesh
United Kingdom

How to answer Q 5.4 in SET (O)

Post by neesh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi all,

i am in the process of completing my wife's SET (O) application. She is a PBS dependent applying for ILR via 5 year route.

Question 5.4 has thrown me off. I am not sure how this question should be answered? My wife doesn't work at the moment. So technically yes i bear her expenses - and transfer some money to her account every month. But is this what is being asked - or does it mean "regularly give you money" in the capacity of employment - which i dont? here is the text of the question

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or
your partner, or both of you, regularly
give you money? (yes/no)

if she answers yes - does it mean that i will have to attach a sponsorship or declaration form as well?

thanks in advance
N

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:15 am

neesh wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:16 pm
thanks. i have just realised i dont understand what Q13 means ...

1. it asks for "consent from home office to request verification checks " for the main applicant - this is fine as my wife would provide consent to this.

That's right. Your wife provides consent here
2. then there is a second part - which asks the following

"Section 13 - Consent for the Home Office to request
verification checks (continued)
If the account with the bank or utility company relates to another person who is to provide the
applicant with financial support, that person* should sign the following declaration :
I am a friend or relative whom the above-named person (‘the applicant’) has stated will provide
financial support. The Home Office is verifying this by checking the documentation which the
applicant has supplied about my accounts with banks or utility companies (a ‘company’). The
company may thus reveal information about me to the Home Office or to the applicant.
I agree to the company giving the Home Office relevant personal data it holds about me in
relation to my account. This is limited to what is necessary to confirm that the documentation the
applicant has supplied is correct. If that documentation is not correct, the company may give the
Home Office details of any inaccuracies / discrepancies in the information that the applicant has
provided, and may also disclose to the Home Office the correct information that they have on
record about the account.
I understand that this may involve the applicant obtaining further details about the account.
I agree that this information may be used as part of the decision making process about the
application and may, if necessary, be disclosed to a court."

• do i (the person whose dependent is applying for the ILR) to agree to this consent? my wife doesnt work at the moment - so technically she is reliant on me for financial support.

Since your wife will be using your statement of account, you will sign the second consent

do i provide a declaration of sponsorship of any kind - where i state that i will provide financial support without recourse to public funds?
thanks again.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: How to answer Q 5.4 in SET (O)

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:32 am

if your relative or your friend, OR, your wife's relative or your wife's friend, gives your wife money regularly, then tick yes.

If not, tick no.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:35 am

This question is asking if your family receive money from someone else, other than employment. You give your wife money doesn't count.

If your wife is not working, you need to provide your payslip/ p60, or any income source of your family, to make the HO satisfy that your wife won't be relied on benefit in foreseeable future once she gets ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

neesh
United Kingdom

Post by neesh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:07 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:35 am
This question is asking if your family receive money from someone else, other than employment. You give your wife money doesn't count.

If your wife is not working, you need to provide your payslip/ p60, or any income source of your family, to make the HO satisfy that your wife won't be relied on benefit in foreseeable future once she gets ILR.
thanks for your reply.

does it mean i will have to provide some kind of declaration as well? something refering to the fact that i take full responsibility of her expenses and that she will not recourse to public funds?

i have already asked in the chain earlier - but just to confirm - i (the husband) would need to sign the 2nd consent in question 13 as well , wouldn't i? i thought it explicitly referred to 3rd parties...who provide the main applicant with financial support?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:35 pm

neesh wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:07 am
cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:35 am

thanks for your reply.

does it mean i will have to provide some kind of declaration as well? something refering to the fact that i take full responsibility of her expenses and that she will not recourse to public funds? You can have this with cover letter, and can be proved by both of your bank statements, if you give your wife money by bank transfer.

i have already asked in the chain earlier - but just to confirm - i (the husband) would need to sign the 2nd consent in question 13 as well , wouldn't i? Yea. i thought it explicitly referred to 3rd parties...who provide the main applicant with financial support? Yes.