ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Fri May 23, 2008 12:22 pm

Any approvals today?????????

irf_bar

Bank statment and pay slip

Post by irf_bar » Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm

Hi guys,

i need yours suggestion on my Question please.

i have got my 12months Bank statement which shows my salary in from my employer. the date in Bank statement when the salary is credited into the bank,is two days earlier when compare to my pay slip dates.

so will it be any issue? as the dates are miss matching. but it clearly shows that payee was with my employers name.

need yours suggestion.

Regards,
Irf.

andynaggers
Newly Registered

Post by andynaggers » Fri May 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Type of application : WP to TIER 1 in UK
Application Sent : 21/4/2008
Payment taken : 22/4/2008
Comments from HO:
21-05-2008 - Allocated to case worker. please call after 1 week.
22-05-2008 - Under consideration. Please call after 1 week.
23-05-2008 - From today service standards are being set to 10 weeks. We will not be able to let you know your application status before that time.

Will keep updating.

cheers,
Andy.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri May 23, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi andynaggers,

"From today service standards are being set to 10 weeks. We will not be able to let you know your application status before that time"

What does it mean? and how will this impact us?

-H

zella29
Newly Registered

Post by zella29 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:17 pm

My Status :

Type of application : WP to TIER 1 in UK
Application Sent : 12/4/2008
Payment taken : 15/4/2008
Comments from HO:
15-05-2008 - Allocated to case worker. please call after 1 week.
16-05-2008 - Under consideration. Please call after 1 week.
23-05-2008 - From today service standards are being set to 10 weeks. We will not be able to let you know your application status before that time.

I am not sure what is problem in just telling us what is status of application. Also after paying such a huge fees we are not even given tracking facility.

Immegration is for benifits of person as well as to the country where people are immegrating.

Instead of setting such absurd standards, If they just put everything online and ask people to look online and they update status of application time after time it will be very helpful...

zella29
Newly Registered

Post by zella29 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:22 pm

hussainkothari wrote:Hi andynaggers,

"From today service standards are being set to 10 weeks. We will not be able to let you know your application status before that time"

What does it mean? and how will this impact us?

-H
This means that you can not call them if your application is not 2 and half months old...

beever

Post by beever » Fri May 23, 2008 1:57 pm

thanks for your update andy..

oh we are buggered then!!

:(
andynaggers wrote:Type of application : WP to TIER 1 in UK
Application Sent : 21/4/2008
Payment taken : 22/4/2008
Comments from HO:
21-05-2008 - Allocated to case worker. please call after 1 week.
22-05-2008 - Under consideration. Please call after 1 week.

Will keep updating.

cheers,
Andy.

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Fri May 23, 2008 2:04 pm

guys i am in a very difficult situation. my student visa is expiring on 31 july. i applied on 15th May. i just called home office and they are saying it will take about 10 weeks minimum. which means ill be getting responce after my visa expiry. if i get refusal...will i be able to extend my student visa...
?????
im in trouble

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Fri May 23, 2008 2:05 pm

sorry i forgot to mention...i applied for Tier 1 general category...im a student at the moment

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Fri May 23, 2008 2:09 pm

I couldnt find this message in homeoffice website..Can you please send the url ...
thanks.
vipul1981 wrote:The HO website says this. Can senior memebers coment as to how correct is this

Current waiting times for work permit applications
We are currently considering applications after 15 working days of receipt and during week commencing 28 April 2008 we expect to consider applications received at our payment processing centre between 3 April 2008 and 10 April 2008.

Business and Commercial:

Straight forward applications (including Tier 1's) between 7 May 2008 and 9 May 2008. All other applications between 22 April 2008 and 2 May 2008.

Reviews:
Are currently considering applications received on 24 April 2008

Review requests are currently taking up to three weeks to decide.
unquote

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: Bank statment and pay slip

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:16 pm

It could be a problem. Only someone who has had a similar issue but was approved can guide you further.

But you could do one thing. Instead of pay slips, get a letter from your employer as proof of your income and ask the employer to mention the same dates in that letter as in the bank statements.

regards
irf_bar wrote:Hi guys,

i have got my 12months Bank statement which shows my salary in from my employer. the date in Bank statement when the salary is credited into the bank,is two days earlier when compare to my pay slip dates.

so will it be any issue? as the dates are miss matching. but it clearly shows that payee was with my employers name.

need yours suggestion.

Regards,
Irf.
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Fri May 23, 2008 2:33 pm

I don’t think that would be a problem. We get paid every last Thursday of the month. So the date varies. I guess what is more important is that the net salary amount matches the payslips and the bank statements. You could call up home office and confirm

need yours suggestion.

Regards,
Irf.

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Fri May 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Hsmpinuk70,

Thanks for replying me soon.

as this will be my second time to apply tier1.

when i applied for fst time i send all the document without bank statement. as said by you, if i ask my employer another letter stating the bank statement dates, but if case worker cross check my old documents with new then he/she can able to justify easily, the change in employer letter.

i think this might take me in bit risk. what do you say?

Regards,
irf.

hsmpinuk70 wrote:It could be a problem. Only someone who has had a similar issue but was approved can guide you further.

But you could do one thing. Instead of pay slips, get a letter from your employer as proof of your income and ask the employer to mention the same dates in that letter as in the bank statements.

regards

need yours suggestion.

Regards,
Irf.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Yes, that is a definite risk, given the fact that you submitted an employer letter in your first application.

In light of this (that you have applied earlier with employment letter), you should not follow my earlier suggestion .. as it would amount to submitting forged documents.

regards
irf_bar wrote: i think this might take me in bit risk. what do you say?
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Fri May 23, 2008 2:59 pm

Fardeen,

Thanks for replying me.

i don't want to take any more risk now. as the refusal on my earlier application was shows me that they want more supporting details.

In one of the reasons for the refusal for my previous appli is that i was been illegal in this country for 6months, which wasn't true.

they check my passport my current visa (WP) was stamp in two pages earlier to the next visa on my passport (which was not my fault). so the respected case worker even not bother to check next two pages of my passport. and hence declare by himself that i was illegal in this country for 6 months.

I can't understand why he/she doesn't use his common sense that if i was illegal in this country for 6months then how could on this earth i will get my current visa approved (WP) next five years with in this country UK?

This is the way they are working their, so i don't want to take further more risk.

Thanks for replying.

regards,
irf.

fardeens wrote:I don’t think that would be a problem. We get paid every last Thursday of the month. So the date varies. I guess what is more important is that the net salary amount matches the payslips and the bank statements. You could call up home office and confirm

need yours suggestion.

Regards,
Irf.
Last edited by irf_bar on Fri May 23, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Fri May 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Hsmpinuk07,

thanks again 4 replying soon.

sorry for that new thread.

Regards,
Irf
hsmpinuk70 wrote:Yes, that is a definite risk, given the fact that you submitted an employer letter in your first application.

In light of this (that you have applied earlier with employment letter), you should not follow my earlier suggestion .. as it would amount to submitting forged documents.

regards
irf_bar wrote: i think this might take me in bit risk. what do you say?

sansui
Newly Registered

It's really frustrating

Post by sansui » Fri May 23, 2008 3:47 pm

My time line
Type of application : WP to Tier 1 with valid HSMP letter
Application Sent : 07/4/2008
Payment taken : 08/4/2008
Ref no dated : 10/04/2008
Ref number : PB3020**
Status : called home office on 5th May 08 answer was application on final stage will get response by end of this week
:called again home office on 12th May 08 answer was under consideration(but when mentoin about last week advise she told me that ready to dispatch) and will get response in couple of days
:called again 19th May 08 i was asked how much you paid for your application i told 350 then he replied it's still under consideration and don't know how long will take.
:called again today answer was can not give progress as the application is under the service standerd of 10 weeks.
it's in their hand whatever they want to do they made their own rule.

shivaa wrote:Any approvals today?????????

laskk

Re: It's really frustrating

Post by laskk » Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi Sansui,

You said that :

called again today answer was can not give progress as the application is under the service standerd of 10 weeks.

what do u mean by std time? i think their is no std time factor in T1 results.

the only think the applicant have to wait n wait n wait...for their decision.

Regards,
Laskk

sansui wrote:My time line
Status : called home office on 5th May 08 answer was application on final stage will get response by end of this week
:called again home office on 12th May 08 answer was under consideration(but when mentoin about last week advise she told me that ready to dispatch) and will get response in couple of days
:called again 19th May 08 i was asked how much you paid for your application i told 350 then he replied it's still under consideration and don't know how long will take.
:called again today answer was can not give progress as the application is under the service standerd of 10 weeks.

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Fri May 23, 2008 4:19 pm

I think they also need to standardize their answers.. One will say still under consideration, 2nd will say not assigned to case worker and third asking how much you have paid and fourth will say cannot provide status update and when you reach home probably papers in your mailbox.

This is really test of patience nothing else. Besides being Highly Skilled you also need to have similar level of patience

laskk wrote:Hi Sansui,

You said that :

called again today answer was can not give progress as the application is under the service standerd of 10 weeks.

Regards,
Laskk

sansui
Newly Registered

Post by sansui » Fri May 23, 2008 4:21 pm

hi laskk,
They have set up the new service standard of processing time for tier 1 application from today which is of 10 weeks from the date of application recieved by home office. during this period they are saying that they can not give us any progress check,so we have to ring them only after 10 weeks from the date of application received.
I hope this makes You clear.
Thanks
sansui

You said that :

Regards,
Laskk

laskk

Post by laskk » Fri May 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi sansui,
Thanks for sharing the new news?

At least they have make the time factor clear. 10 weeks instead of 28 days. i hope they stand with this time factor.

all the applicant will relax now for few more weeks, before their time reaches 10week or else they start bothering the call centre to knew about their status?

Regards,
Laskk,
sansui wrote:hi laskk,
They have set up the new service standard of processing time for tier 1 application from today which is of 10 weeks from the date of application recieved by home office. during this period they are saying that they can not give us any progress check,so we have to ring them only after 10 weeks from the date of application received.
I hope this makes You clear.
Thanks
sansui

You said that :

Regards,
Laskk

andynaggers
Newly Registered

Post by andynaggers » Fri May 23, 2008 4:55 pm

10 weeks is absurd for people who need to travel out of the country during application peiod.

And 10 weeks service standard to me seems

- arbitrary as BIA just doesn't have enough data on Tier1 to benchmark against such 'high' standard. We have seen on the forum that in most cases end-end cycle time has been between 5 and 6 weeks.
- fixed 'high' to ensure that BIA will always meet service standards.
- an intelligent plan to dissuade people from calling BIA customer contact centers

Whatever it is, 10 weeks is definitely not relaxing; its shocking and says a lot about abysmal depths Home office affairs have got down to.

Cheers,
Andy.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:02 pm

When you deal with UK Home Office, you must learn to be patient .... extremely patient.
:)

Even if they increase the service standard to 14 weeks, it there anything that you will be able to do about it ..... other than withdrawing your application??? So take a chill pill .... and wait for the good news to come (whenever it comes).

regards

kmore97

Service Standard 10 weeks??

Post by kmore97 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:05 pm

HO declared the service standard as 10 weeks even for the existing application - can they change just like that in the middle - it's really whimsical.
What are the implication of this change?
1. They will not entertain any communication before 10 weeks for sure.
2. Does it mean they won't be able to complete a case in 4-6 weeks in straight forward cases anymore?

I applied in the begining of May and got a travel plan in the beginning of July. What are the chances of getting my passport before that?

anilhemnani

Re: Service Standard 10 weeks??

Post by anilhemnani » Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 pm

kmore97... As you wrote yesterday to me hopefully we should get documents back in around 30 days..

They might be simply trying to get away from daily calls. I remember some one in some forum had told me that if he/she was me he/she would have called up everyday :) So probably we all are paying for impatience of some applicants.

Regarding travel, I have to travel in mid-june. Yesterday was getting very good deal to fly with emirates and today it is costing 80 pounds more per passenger.. It is very frustrating but we can do nothing. Worried that I will have to either shell out more money or find lufthansa/airindia/klm code share flights.. Most importantly not able to do anything because dont know what is going to happen and then when.

kmore97 wrote:HO declared the service standard as 10 weeks even for the existing application - can they change just like that in the middle - it's really whimsical.
What are the implication of this change?
1. They will not entertain any communication before 10 weeks for sure.
2. Does it mean they won't be able to complete a case in 4-6 weeks in straight forward cases anymore?

I applied in the begining of May and got a travel plan in the beginning of July. What are the chances of getting my passport before that?