ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andid
Newly Registered

English requirement

Post by andid » Fri May 23, 2008 11:08 am

I have a Master degree awarded by a University in the UK and I studied it in the UK as well. Do I meet the English requirement for Tier 1 visa?

whereisthasummer
Newly Registered

Post by whereisthasummer » Fri May 23, 2008 11:40 am

No, beacause a Master's Degree takes no more than 2 years.

You will need to provide evidence that you have done a degree (equivanlent of UK Bachelor's), which has taken atleast 3 years, where the medium of instruction is English.

andid
Newly Registered

Post by andid » Fri May 23, 2008 12:12 pm

But I have found this on the UKBA website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... hlanguage/):
You can send evidence that you hold a degree that is equivalent to United Kingdom bachelor's level or higher and that was taught in English as evidence of your English language ability.
I'm a bit confusing :?:

ABPI
Newly Registered

Re: English requirement

Post by ABPI » Fri May 23, 2008 1:03 pm

andid wrote:I have a Master degree awarded by a University in the UK and I studied it in the UK as well. Do I meet the English requirement for Tier 1 visa?
The short answer is YES.

You can send evidence that you hold a degree that is equivalent to United Kingdom bachelor's level or higher and that was taught in English as evidence of your English language ability.

Where the degree was taken in a country where the majority of people speak English, listed below, we will assume that it will have been taught in English:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... hlanguage/

Its easy to find out. Go to the self assessment section and put in your qualifications. Then proceed to the English section....it will automatically inform you if your degree satisfies Englsih Language requirement.

Best regards.