ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help. Employment history.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londontraveller2011
Newly Registered

Please help. Employment history.

Post by londontraveller2011 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope somebody can help. I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation next month after 1year ILR. I am having difficulty with the AN form, worried as well.

1. On the employment history question, do I include employment whilst on student visa? I was allowed to work 10 hrs a week as stated on my visa, worked as a bank staff with no contract hours. However, I may have, on several occasions worked more than the allowed time. There were months that I did not work at all. Will I be declined naturalisation because of this?

2. What happens if I am rejected naturalisation, will I be deported?

I need your advice.

Thank you very much.

:-)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please help. Employment history.

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 pm

1. You must list ALL empyment for the last 10 years. You might fail the good character requirement yes for breach of your visa conditions.

2. Unlikely you will be deported. Hopefully HO don't find you have used deception in previous applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kayden636
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by kayden636 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 pm

one off my freiend did not put nothing in work histry and he was aprood in 27 day and he only worked cash in hand all his life never told hmrc or home oice

londontraveller2011
Newly Registered

Post by londontraveller2011 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your responses CR001 and Kayden636.

Another dilemma I need clarification with. When I arrived in 2012 on a tier 2 visa, Employer A sponsored me, but I had to change employers after about a month. I did not start working for employer A, never have. I waited for my new visa with employer B.

1. Because employer A sponsored my first visa, do I write it on the employment history list? Even if I never started work? Do I have to explain it further on page 22? There is no HMRC traces for employer A because I never worked for them.

2. Based on my previous post, is it better for me to wait a few more years to complete 10 years clean employment history?

Thank you again.

kayden636
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by kayden636 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 am

dont fill the section for employment histroy just fill all other requriment u wil b fine

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 am

kayden636 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 am
dont fill the section for employment histroy just fill all other requriment u wil b fine
I would strongly suggest you refrain from advising members to lie or withhold information in the form when the form clearly asks for the information. HO do check, especially as the OP in this case was in the UK for at least 5 years on a work permit visa!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

londontraveller2011
Newly Registered

Post by londontraveller2011 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi CR001,

Good evening. Please advise me regarding my previous concern.

Thank you.

chattokhan
United Kingdom

Post by chattokhan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:00 pm

londontraveller2011 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:14 pm
Hi everyone,

I hope somebody can help. I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation next month after 1year ILR. I am having difficulty with the AN form, worried as well.

1. On the employment history question, do I include employment whilst on student visa? I was allowed to work 10 hrs a week as stated on my visa, worked as a bank staff with no contract hours. However, I may have, on several occasions worked more than the allowed time. There were months that I did not work at all. Will I be declined naturalisation because of this?

2. What happens if I am rejected naturalisation, will I be deported?

I need your advice.

Thank you very much.

@londontraveller2011 did you apply for naturalisation? if so, did you include all of your employments during student visa?