ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Crazy refusal - Rebuttals needed for AR

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bender000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Crazy refusal - Rebuttals needed for AR

Post by Bender000 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:58 pm

HI

My relative applied for a place in a UK university, she was refused, reasons below.

Does anyone have any similar successful case IDs that we can add to the appeal reply.

Also, any hints/tips on good replies appreciated. Refusal reasons (condensed form) below:

1- why you chose this course, you said "i choose because the entry requirement of an international year one is low so I am level of this so according to that this course is helpful and allows me to make advance in my knowledge and develop my English language skills."
A genuine student with a particular career goal in mind would be expected to have knowledge of the applicable skill set the course will provide them with to achieve this goal. I am not satisfied you have demonstrated why this course is an appropriate step to achieve your future goal.

2- asked why did you choose this Institute you stated " this university it has Global teaching excellent award, it has outstanding report with students and a good employment. It has development for student facilities like student clubs and it has International society. It has world leading teaching group for biomedical Sciences. " this answer is appropriate to every University you looked at and is not unique to this particular university. You also stated in your interview you want to study biology and that you looked at Manchester University, Leeds University and Sheffield University. Open source checks show that in the biological science the ranking of huddersfield comes 56 TH whilst Sheffield University is 18th, Manchester University is 22nd and Leeds University is 23rd. Given that you are making a selection that could have a tremendous influence on the rest of your life if do not find it credible that a student would not want the best education. This leads me to doubt the research you have done into the Other universities you stated researched.

3 - you asked how does this course help you achieve your future plans, you stated " this course after doing this I believe that education UK will provide me excellent opportunity to work in the field of my course and it will provide me the best skills and advantages, this course is very beneficial to me as my career point." Considering the amount of time and money dedicated towards a degree are genuine student with a particular career goal in mind would be expected to have knowledge of the applicable still set the course will provide them with to achieve their future Goal.

4 - when asked when you will have live whilst studying you have looked at University accommodation but you will be staying with your father's friend for one to two weeks first. Considering this is your first time abroad and the amount of money already dedicated to your studies and expenses, I do not find it credible you would stay in great Manchester for two weeks commute to huddersfield for 2 weeks to move 6-8 minutes away from the University. I would expect a genuine student to book student accommodation that they have already looked into and researched straight away so that they are guaranteed a spot in halls.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Crazy refusal - Rebuttals needed for AR

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 am

The student needs urgent advice from the university who sponsored their application. They have a dedicated team who can advise on the student's option now, including whether an administrative review or new application is feasible.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Bender000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bender000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi

thanks for your reply - why would they need help from the Uni? We rang them and they said we cant give advice...

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Bender000 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 pm
why would they need help from the Uni?
Because they are the sponsor of the application. A refusal on their sponsorship is as much an issue for the university as it is for the applicant.
Bender000 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 pm
We rang them and they said we cant give advice...
They may or may not be able to give detailed one-to-one immigration advice but the applicant certainly needs to know from them at least whether they have withdrawn the CAS, and hence whether there is any point in filing an AR. Plus, if applicant is thinking of applying again rather than pursuing an AR, will they issue a new CAS for him.

It's an odd response from the university. Which university is this?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Bender000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bender000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Huddersfield.

Bender000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bender000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Is a new CAS really needed?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Bender000 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 pm
Is a new CAS really needed?
For a new application, yes. Not for an AR, but again it's possible the university may have cancelled the CAS anyway. Hence the applicant themselves needs to liaise direct with the person at the university who monitors immigration compliance.

Bender000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bender000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Do their refusal reasons not sound wishy-washy?

I mean so what if Manchester,Leeds etc are above Huddersfield?
Are they saying that anyone at Huddersfield isnt genuine.

From experience, I know lots of these refusal reasons are cut-and-paste
jobs.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm

Bender000 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:52 pm
Do their refusal reasons not sound wishy-washy?

I mean so what if Manchester,Leeds etc are above Huddersfield?
Are they saying that anyone at Huddersfield isnt genuine.
All the more reason to get advice from Huddersfield. Encourage the student to speak to someone senior there.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:39 pm

You've gotten yourself in a pretty bad situation. Were there any specific reasons you chose that university over the others? You should've checked the rankings before comparing. You can still tell them if there are any solid reasons for choosing the university you chose. Any facility the university is providing those other universities are not that can benefit you or reflect in your future. You can tell them about if the fee is reasonable and you can also mention the modular structure of the course only if its different in other universities you mentioned.

Bender000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bender000 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:43 pm

I dont see why this is a bad situation - Huddersfield was chosen due to cost and location. Simple.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:47 pm

To be honest, most of your answers you have posted are quite generic and like 'box standard template' answers we have seen many times on the forum (almost word for word the same) posted by members who worry about their answers being too generic or by members who have been refused.

Just saying so that you are aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.