ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Requirements for Baby born outside UK-(UK dad, non-uk mom and baby born outside UK/EU)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Visa Requirements for Baby born outside UK-(UK dad, non-uk mom and baby born outside UK/EU)

Post by MrClientServer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Dear all,

Greetings!
I am a British citizen acquired by naturalisation and my wife is an Indian and she got spouse visa valid till 2020.
At present, my wife is in India and expecting baby at of end of Oct 2018.
I am planning to apply for a British passport for my new baby and in that process, I started collecting information and list of documents.

Q)Have you, anyone, recently applied for Baby visa with above criteria (UK dad, non-uk mom and baby born outside UK/EU). If so could you please provide me list of checklist or documents needed?

Q) Could you please redirect or provide me the homeoffice website where I can apply for Baby visa ?
Ideally, I am looking for UK baby online visa application and kind of step by step process.

Q)I heard there were massive delays happening in issuing baby visas as well. Please kindly let me know the best process to get baby here in reasonable time and any other useful information or links would be highly appreciable.

Thank you in advance and thank you for your time.

Best Regards
Tarun

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Visa Requirements for Baby born outside UK-(UK dad, non-uk mom and baby born outside UK/EU)

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:33 pm

You will need to register / apply for your baby's First British passport from the British Embassy in India. Once baby has the passport then can travel to UK.

Would have been much better for baby to be born here because getting British Passport can take a while.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Re: Visa Requirements for Baby born outside UK-(UK dad, non-uk mom and baby born outside UK/EU)

Post by MrClientServer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:42 am

Thank you very much Londoner007. That's really worth of information.
Yeah unfortunately due to some family reasons my wife wants get baby deliver in India.

himanshugtm
Newly Registered
India

Post by himanshugtm » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Hello,
Looking for guidance.
We are in a similar situation. Our baby is born in india with father being British Citizen and mother is indian nationality.
a) Did you apply for passport of your baby from india?
b) How long did it take?
c) Can we apply from India as well?
d) What documents did you submit?
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:53 pm

One of two choices:

either British passport or CoE-RoA in an Indian passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.