ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Premium service success

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Financial Requirement Documents

Post by Ljm1989 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:36 pm

^ thank you

If anyone can help with the below that would be great, particularly if I am right about how the bank validate statements. Thanks!

Context: My partner and I are applying for his FLR(M) and will rely on his salary alone for this under Category A.

We plan to include:
- 7 x months payslips showing April - October wages
- 7 x months bank statements April - October. We are having these printed at the bank as we dont have hard copies - do I need to get these stamped on each page by the bank? I read that printouts won't be accepted?
- 2 x employment contracts showing new salary and old salary (he had a pay rise last month)
- Letter from employer explaining:
Nature of employment
Title
Promotion
Salary pcm
Start date

Is this all we need? And do I leave all columns regarding sponsor's salary blank as we are not relying on this?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Bank statements need to be stamped in branch - every single side

Payslips need to be authenticated via a letter from employer saying they are genuine, signed and stamped in company headed paper.

Why are you submitting 7 months of payslips and bank statements when the requirement is of 6?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 pm

Thank you.

I was just going to do 7 to ensure we were covered but I guess i'll just do 6 in hindsight.

Do the payslips have to be stamped as well as accompanied by the employer letter? Should the letter cover the reason why his last payslip is much higher (promotion)?

Also, are the contracts not required?

Thanks

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi guys

HSBC do not stamp statements and said they have not done this for years - has anybody else had this situation? Really not sure what to do now so any advice would be appreciated :(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:05 pm

HSBC is very strict bank and I know few people who don't use them for visa purposes. Your online payslips either should be stamped or accompanied with letter of authencity of these.
Usually a lot banks print out the last 3 months statements in branch on letter head which don't need stamp/any further authentication.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:01 pm

Ok thank you. Yeah they have said that they will re-send statements which are on hsbc letterheads, so I assume that these won’t need stamping, is that right?

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi all,

As discussed above, we are applying under Category A for FLR (M), the applicant has had a pay rise in their most recent salary, but we are going to rely on the lower rate of pay for the purposes of the form, and get the employer to explain the higher payslip in their cover letter.

However, I just realised that the applicant has also has had a change of job title, but there has been no break in his employment.

Are we still ok to apply under Category A and explain the wage increase and job title change, or should we apply under Category B? Reading conflicting advice about this everywhere!

Thanks so much

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:08 pm

As per HO own guideline the only way when a person move to category B from A when he changes employer during 6 months. Therefore, change of job title with same employer won't affect anything but it should be explained in employer letter and also on appendix 2 form where it asks about the financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Bank Documents

Post by Ljm1989 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Thank you seagul.

I have another query on bank statements.

My husband has ordered his 6 previous bank statements from hsbc and they arrived and look like proper bank statements that come in the post they just say ‘duplicate’ on them. Is that ok?

For his most recent one for September it didn’t arrive so we went to the bank where they printed out the bank statement on the bank printer. It’s like a normal bank statement but in black and white and with none of the blurb stuff on the backs of the pages but nevertheless more official looking than printing off online statements. Hsbc don’t stamp statements and we have no time to order the final one in the post now.

What do you recommend we do?

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR (M) Checklist

Post by Ljm1989 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:23 am

Hi everyone

We are almost ready to submit my husbands FLR (M) next week at a PSC appointment and I wondered if you can sense-check my below documents and let me know if I need to provide anything further?

Background
My husband is Australian and moved to the UK in March 2016 on a Partner visa. We are now applying for FLR (M). We are married and he earns over the income threshold alone, so we are relying on Category A on his income alone. We have lived in two rented properties since his arrival. I am a British citizen and was born here.

Admin
PSC Confirmation
Confirmation of visa payment

Personal Documents
Applicant's original passport.
Applicant's previous expired passport.
Sponsor's original passport (& photocopy of bio page)
2 x passport photos of applicant, with name written on the back.
1 X passport photo of the sponsor, with name written on the back.
IHS number (printed off confirmation email and written on form).

Relationship Documents:
Original marriage certificate (& photocopy) - it is in English

Accommodation documents:
Tenancy agreement for property we lived at from March 2016 - March 2018 - this is just printed from my emails.
Tenancy agreement that we have lived in from March 2018 - now

Do I need to include anything from our landlord please?

English Language requirements:

Not required as husband is from English speaking country

Financial requirements:
Bank statements showing applicants last 6 months salary payments.
The final bank statement is printed at the bank so is laid out like a bank statement but in B&W. Is this ok?
6 latest payslips, stamped and signed by HR department (& photocopies).
Letter from HR department giving details as requested by form (& photocopy).

Cohabitation documents showing we have lived together since March 2016:
April 2016 - Hammersmith & Fulham Council Tax Bill (Joint)
September 2016 - Letter from North Yorkshire Council RE booking wedding (Joint)
February 2017 - American Express Letter (Sponsor)
Credit card statement (Applicant)
August 2017 - Natwest Letter (Sponsor)
HMRC Tax Code Letter (Applicant)
December 2017 - Natwest Letter (Joint)
April 2018 - Hammersmith & Fulham Council Tax Bill (Joint)
September 2018 - Natwest Bank Statement (Sponsor)
Southern Electric Account Confirmation (Applicant)
& photocopies of all letters.

Please can you let me know if there is anything else I should add / take out / have missed?

Questions:
Should I bring evidence of my employment just in case even though my husband earns over the threshold?
Do I need to include anything from our landlord?
Do I need to include any cover letters from myself or my husband?
With photocopies, do I have to get these certified and should they be of everything?

Thanks in advance.
Lx

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Cover Letter

Post by Ljm1989 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi all

I was wondering if I need to submit a covering letter for any part of / all of my application please? I am applying in person at Croydon PSC on Wednesday.

I have seen a few people feedback to me that I should mention certain things (i.e. wage increase) in the cover letter but I can't see any examples of this on the forum?

Also, do I need to photocopy every single part of my application?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) Cover Letter

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Ljm1989 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:45 pm
Hi all

I was wondering if I need to submit a covering letter for any part of / all of my application please? I am applying in person at Croydon PSC on Wednesday.

I have seen a few people feedback to me that I should mention certain things (i.e. wage increase) in the cover letter but I can't see any examples of this on the forum?

Also, do I need to photocopy every single part of my application?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Not really required and there are no 'templates'. Any letter would be specific to your circumstances.

You need to photocopy your supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Checklist

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:11 am

Thank you for your help :).

Our appt is this afternoon.

For photocopies of passports, do I have to photocopy every page or just photo page?

We have:
Applicant passport
Applicant expired passport
Sponsor passport
Sponsor expired passport.

Thanks in advance!

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi guys

Just wanted to let you know we applied tonight at Croydon PSC and it was a pain free, easy process, the visa was approved within 2 hours.

I will post tomorrow about the experience and what we submitted to try to help others.

Thank you so much to the mods especially who have helped me - what you do is invaluable and helps so many people through a very stressful time ❤️.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:52 am

Excellent news - enjoy the feeling of relief!
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Croydon PSC Experience

Post by Ljm1989 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:35 am

Hi guys

As mentioned above my husband and I had an appointment at Croydon PSC last night. I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully help other people as this board has helped me so much.

Background
I am English and my husband is Australian. He came into the country on a partner visa in March 2016 and we were applying for a FLR(M) extension on the 5 year route, under Category A relying on his salary.

PSC booking process
I had heard worrying things about booking an appointment at the PSC online and not being able to get one, but after taking the advice from the wonderful people on the forum I found it quite easy.
I logged in at 1am on the day that we were allowed to apply and there were a lot of appointments available - they were all the ones that cost £75 extra as they were either weekends or evening / early morning but at least there were some!
When I looked during the day later, to try to get an appointment on a weekend, there was literally nothing whenever I looked, so I recommend looking from the day that you can apply for your appt and look around midnight / 1am.

Evidence supplied
Application:

- FLR(M) Application form
- Proof of payment of application fee and PSC surcharge
- Proof of payment of IHS surcharge
- Cover letter explaining all evidence, and the purpose of each piece, also explaining anything that's not immediately obvious i.e. pay rise, why some bills are addressed to basement flat and some say flat number, etc etc.

Supporting assets:
- 2 x photos of applicant w/ name written on back, in an envelope and attached to Section 1 of the FLR (M) form
- 1 x photo of sponsor w/ name written on back, in an envelope and attached to Section 1 of the FLR (M) form
- Applicant passport
- Applicant expired passport showing visa
- Applicant Biometric Residence Permit
- Sponsor passport - when applying in person you definitely need this as it was the second thing they asked for
- Sponsor expired passport

Relationship proof:

- 1 x marriage certificate showing applicant and sponsor marriage

Proof of income:
All this was for the Applicant, as his salary alone covered the requirement. We left everything in terms of the Sponsor blank as to not confuse things.
- Letter from Employer on Company Headed paper - signed by HR manager. This confirmed job title, employment length, salary, any promotions or pay increases.
- 1 x employment contract
- 2 x letters from Employer to Applicant showing pay rises
- 6 x payslips - stamped and signed by HR Manager as they were print outs
- 6 x bank statements (duplicates from the bank - a tip for people applying who are with HSBC - they are pain and won't stamp print outs, however they can order you a full duplicate bank statement to be ordered to your house within 5 working days and this works just fine)
- Bank letter - this was given to us by HSBC when we asked to stamp the statements so thought we may as well include it. It just confirmed the bank account name, number, amount in account, when it was opened etc. Not really necessary but thought we may as well include.

Proof of cohabitation:
1 x Tenancy agreement with names of Applicant and Sponsor to cover March 2016 - March 2018
1 x Tenancy agreement with names of Applicant and Sponsor to cover March 2018 - present
15 pieces of cohabitation proof spanning April 2016 - September 2018, from 8 different sources, addressed to applicant and sponsor, or applicant and my sponsor individually.
Please note we hve supplied more evidence than required in the FLR(M) form due to some post at our previous address being addressed to a slightly different address (some said basement flat, some said the flat number - better to be safe!)

Other evidence
I took a huge folder of other evidence that they could potentially request as I didnt want to have to post something to them, but nothing further was asked. It made me feel better to have a folder with evidence of all the sponsor's salary etc, birth certificates, but they did not want it so best to just stick to the above if your application is like ours :).

How we presented it
In 3 x plastic wallets.
- FLR(M) form in 1 x wallet
- All original evidence in 1 x wallet
- All photocopies in 1 x wallet

All the evidence I split up with dividers as above, so a section for payment proof, relationship, employment, cohabitation, and then a section for passport, BRP etc. I know you're not encouraged to do this on the forum but the person at the PSC said it was helpful. They made me remove all paper clips however.

The appointment itself
Our appointment was at 5.20pm. The PSC is a 10 minute walk from Croydon East and is well signposted however CityMapper also took us straight there.

We arrived at 16.45pm and were asked to show our booking reference to the security guard. We then went through airport style security, the people were really nice and helpful. Kind of felt like they were sympathetic for us having to be there. We went to the desk on the 3rd floor, and were asked to wait in the waiting room until 17.15pm (5 mins before our appt).

We waiting and went back to the desk at 17.15pm, and the lady looked at the payment receipt email, booking checklist, applicant passport, applicant BRP and sponsor passport. We were then given a ticket, and told to wait there, as we were about to be called to a desk.

We were called to a desk and were both able to sit and speak to the clerk there.

He asked for our application form first, went through all of section 1, confirmed our names, address, job titles (I told him we were not relying on my salary, just the applicants and he said totally fine he just needed it for his system), he looked at our marriage certificate, and looked at our passport photos.

He asked us to separate our originals and photocopies into two piles and take out all paperclips but leave in dividers. He then put the originals and the application form in one folder, and the photocopies in another folder. He then gave us both folders back, bound together, and kept the applicant's passport out as it was needed for biometrics. He then asked us to take a seat as we were about to be called for Biometrics. It took about 10 mins in total. He was really nice and made us feel calm and like he was being very diligent.

We didn't even have time to sit down before we were called for biometrics! Applicant had his fingerprints scanned and photo taken, it took about 2 minutes. The lady there then took the folders and passport and asked us to go back to the main waiting room / cafe area and wait to be called for our decision. (side note - there was a family there trying to get a biometric photo of their baby and they had bought her a fluffy toy to make her look at the camera - it seemed to work, so a little tip for parents haha).

We then went back to the waiting room - there are no normal plug sockets so make sure your phone is charged as they say they will call you if they need additional information. The cafe is also shut after 4pm so make sure you take food, but there are vending machines. I know people say they left the PSC in this time, but I probably wouldnt do that as there isn't really anything to do near the building so you'd have to be 10 mins away plus come back through security if they wanted extra info / wanted to give your decision. They call people's numbers out constantly over the tannoy to call them up to desks for decisions.

We sat down at about 17.45, and we were called to the desk at 18.55 with the decision! They were calling people up to the desk in batches, so they called our number and two other numbers. We then just went up to the desk, a really nice lady said 'it's good news!' gave us back all our originals, kept the photocopies and said his BRP would be with us within 10 working days. We also got a printed confirmation that he had been accepted.

All in all we were at the PSC 2 hours - amazing really. Everyone was helpful and nice and I have a feeling that even if something was wrong with the application they would have helped us to rectify it.

Now all we have to do is wait for the BRP. I have to say that I resent the whole system of having to go through this time / money / energy to live with my husband in the country that I am from, but c'est la vie. They will also need to make it easier after Brexit IMO.

Thanks again to everyone that helped me. Let me know if you have any questions about this experience and I will try to help!

Have faith! I saw this mentioned on the forum somewhere and it really made me feel better when going through the application process - that it is just a box ticking exercise, they're not out to get you, they just have to make sure you meet requirements.

Thanks
Lx

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi Ljm1989,

Congratulations! I have my appointment tomorrow at Sheffield and your post came really assuring as I'm dreading the whole process tbh. I just have a question if you don't mind. Did you photocopy each page of the sponsor's current and expired passports? or you just photocopied the photo page?

Thank you so much.

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:46 pm

It'll be totally fine, I honestly felt so sick the whole time and it was an easy process. Its just the waiting thats hard so take something to distract you :).

I just photocopied the photo page of both passports, I figured if they needed any other pages they would do it themselves :)

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:50 pm

Thank you so much.. I just remembered one more question, did you write anything in (section B- other information) of the application? what would you suggest to write in it? I'm a bit stuck with it tbh.

Again I can't thank you enough for your help and assurance :)

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:12 pm

No problem - I know how much this forum helped me!

I didn't write anything else in section B as I felt everything was covered off in the form, I think that section is just for like extreme circumstances where there may be more information to be stated that is not obvious from the rest of the form. I think thats right and wasnt an issue with my application - mods can you help?

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Thank you so much for you help. I feel the same too as I have everything covered in the application that's why I was a bit confused about it. Once again I can't thank you enough :)

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Thats ok, good luck tomorrow!

Shahno
United Kingdom

FLR (M) Premium service success

Post by Shahno » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Hey everyone,

I just would like to share my FLR (M) experience as it might help anyone out there. First of all, I would like to thank everyone on the forum for their help and advice and I do really really appreciate it. I'm sorry I posted this as a separate topic but I wanted to make sure it everyone who's in the same boat would benefit from it. May ask any of the moderators to merge this post in my previous post please.

My background in a nutshell. We were on tier 2 general visa. My husband (main applicant) was eligible to apply for ILR 10 yrs route this October and obviously I (dependent) had to change my route to the FLR (M) Spouse route. We have a 4 and a half year old daughter who is born here but we didn't include her as a dependent in either of our applications as we are going to register her as a british born child.

We booked 2 separate appointments for today with my husband's at 8:40 am and mine at 10:30 am.

We arrived early at around 8:15 am. Went through the security checks and then they told us to go inside to the counter to submit our documents.

The staff were nice and helpful. The guy at the counter took my husband's appointment checklist, went through the application then asked about his supporting documents and the copies. Note that they lile piles of paper..no pins, no separators, no envelops..Nothing. Even the photos and brp's he removed them from the small envelops we placed them in.

They asked him to wait until they call hom for biometrics. He told me that he will ask if I can submit my application a bit early since my case is depending on my husband's ILR.

After about 15 minutes they called my husband for biometrics and then we waited for around 1 hour until they called him and handed him the decision letter.

I completed the paper form. Once my husband got the decision, I had to answer 3 question that I left on my application (3.16, 3.17 and my husband's signature on the declaration page 72) as they are based on his case.

I had 2 cover letters. One of them was in case they consider both cases together and the other in case they approved his ILR and got the decision before me. I also placed the decision letter with my documents.

I waited for 15 minutes before they called me for biometrics. Then we went to have lunch and by the time we came back they asked me to retake my biometrics as they had a problem with the system and the lady who took the biometrics told me it won't be long.

20 minutes later they called me with the approval decision letter and returning all the documents

In total it took 3 hours roughly for me and my husband from start to finish

I submitted the following documents:

Cover letter explaining why my daughter will not be applying to me as we will register her as a British child once we get a decision since her dad is granted ILR (10 years route)

Personal documents:

Original passport
Previous passport
Sponsor’s original passport
Sponsor’s BRP
Applicant’s 2 passport sized photos, with name written at the back
Sponsor’s 1 passport sized photo, with name written at the back
Police registration certificates+
Applicant’s Appointment confirmation
IHS fee receipt
A letter from my consulate confirming that one of my current passport has had a misspelt name and that it’s been corrected

Relationship documents (originals+ photocopies):

Original Arabic marriage certificate
Original Translated Marriage certificate
Birth certificate of my daughter
My daughter’s passport
My daughter’s BRP
A letter from the GP confirming that we are registered with them
Letter from my daughter’s school authorising her leave on Friday 19/10/18.
Few ticket confirmations from our travels
Few letters from my daughter's school.

Accommodation documents(originals+ photocopies):

Original Land registry received by the solicitor at the time when we bought our house
A recent copy of the land registry ( downloaded for £3).
Latest mortgage statement 2018
Last year’s mortgage statement 2017
Council tax bill 2018

English Language documents (originals+ photocopies):
Test certificate (A1 SELT Trinity London)+ photocopy

Cohabitation documents (originals+ photocopies):

6 letters for the Applicant:
A letter for my statement of comparability from NARIC (July 2018)
Home office approval letter for my Tier 2 general - dependent application (April 2018)
EDF bill in both applicant and sponsor’s names (February 2017)
TV Licence bill (July 2017)
NHS letter (December 2017)
Halifax letter (July 2016)
Dentist minor surgery referral (November 2016)

6 letters to the sponsor:

Sainsbury’s bank statement (July 2018)
Halifax bank statement (February 2018)
St James’s hospital appointment (June 2017)
Yorkshire water bill (January 2017)
EDF bill (January 2016)
Halifax bank statement (September 2016)

Financial documents (originals+ photocopies):

Letter from NHS hospital confirming my husband's position, annual gross salary , how long he’s been employed with the hospital and how long he has been earning the current salary, and explaining that his current salary is based on the NHS Agenda for change and explaining the rises that took place in the recent months. Printed on NHS headed paper and signed by my husband's manager.
6 months payslips with the NHS logo on the top and stamped by the payroll (they were printed but usually the logo is part of the pay slip itself anyway)
6 months bank statements
P60 stamped by the payroll

I hope this would help anybody who's going through a similar situation. Please feel free to ask anything. Once again a big thank you for everyone's input, help and advice.

All the best :)