ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) 5 years ONLINE application - takes longer?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priccl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

SET(M) 5 years ONLINE application - takes longer?

Post by priccl » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:44 am

Hi,

I have noticed from the timeline thread that usually applications for ILR from SET(M) 5 years take around 4-9 weeks to be processed.

I applied online and it has now been 10 weeks since they received my supporting documents. Has anyone else noticed a longer processing time for online applications? I believe I meet all the criteria and they haven't contacted me for any extra documents.

Thanks,

NomiKaay
United Kingdom

Re: SET(M) 5 years ONLINE application - takes longer?

Post by NomiKaay » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:19 am

Each application is unique so those timelines are particular to someone else, they should only be used as an indicative timeframe. Yours might take a few more weeks.

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am

priccl wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:44 am
Hi,

I have noticed from the timeline thread that usually applications for ILR from SET(M) 5 years take around 4-9 weeks to be processed.

I applied online and it has now been 10 weeks since they received my supporting documents. Has anyone else noticed a longer processing time for online applications? I believe I meet all the criteria and they haven't contacted me for any extra documents.

Thanks,
I agree that the online application does take longer as I also noticed that those that applied by post got a decision within 5-6 weeks as opposed to those that applied online. i applied for SET(M) in early August and havent got a response as well. My employer was unable to verify my status via ECS and i sent an email last Friday complaining about this. I got an email reply yesterday from a Team leader saying that she has located my application and have passed it on to a caseworker to process. So this means that the online applications are not directly processed sooner than the regular applications. I pray to hear back with a decision soon.

priccl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by priccl » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 am

@babymama - who did you email? I'll ask my employer to try and check mine too.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:41 am

priccl wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 am
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Minnie Me
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Minnie Me » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:01 pm

I'm trying urgently to find out if my husband qualifies or not for the 'Premium' service for ILR applications, even though he has already applied online for it about 5 weeks ago.....

I just learned (from a phone call with UK Immigration) about the 'Premium' service for ILR applications, where you can apply for a same-day ILR decision, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED FOR ILR. But when I looked up 'Premium Service for ILR', it mentioned that you can apply for this Premier service IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY APPLIED BY POST.

So can someone please confirm: When one applies for ILR, are there TWO methods of applying for it - either a) by post or b) by online application?

Our visas are expiring in a few days, and as mentioned, my husband applied just over a month ago for ILR. At the time he applied, I did not know that his application could take up to 5 or 6 months. My dependant daughter and I are about to submit OUR applications for Tier 2 dependant visa extensions, and I just assumed that our visas would be issued within 6 to 8 weeks, as they were issued in that time period the FIRST time we applied 2 years ago. I had no idea that our visas cannot be issued until my husband's ILR comes through (my bad)! I was planning to go overseas for 2 weeks after our Tier 2 visa extensions come though, to finish up some very urgent business. And I thought I would be able to leave UK in approximately 8 weeks.

So... I just asked my husband how he had applied for his ILR, and he said he had applied online. So, If there are 2 ways to apply, either 'online' or 'by post', then does this mean that my husband CANNOT now apply for the Premier Service, because he did not apply by post? It doesn't specifically say that you CAN'T apply for Premium if you applied originally online , it just says that you can use the service "IF" you originally applied 'by post'.

If the answer is that NO, he CANNOT apply through Premium Service because he applied originally online - then WHY is that? What is the difference between applying online and applying by post, that makes only ONE of those choices able to apply for Premium service?

I cannot wait for up to 4 or 5 months to be able to leave the UK. And I understand from an Immigration advisor that that if my husband tried to cancel his current ILR application, he will never get his passport back (?? What??), and from someone I spoke to at UK immigration I was told that my husband WOULD get his passport back, but it could take a very very long time.

Please if anyone can answer any or all of my above questions, I would much appreciate it! If my husband IS eligible to apply for Premium service, we would need for him to do it right away, so that I can be free to fly out to finish up my urgent business. THANKS

priccl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by priccl » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Minnie Me wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:01 pm
I'm trying urgently to find out if my husband qualifies or not for the 'Premium' service for ILR applications, even though he has already applied online for it about 5 weeks ago.....

I just learned (from a phone call with UK Immigration) about the 'Premium' service for ILR applications, where you can apply for a same-day ILR decision, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED FOR ILR. But when I looked up 'Premium Service for ILR', it mentioned that you can apply for this Premier service IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY APPLIED BY POST.

So can someone please confirm: When one applies for ILR, are there TWO methods of applying for it - either a) by post or b) by online application?

Our visas are expiring in a few days, and as mentioned, my husband applied just over a month ago for ILR. At the time he applied, I did not know that his application could take up to 5 or 6 months. My dependant daughter and I are about to submit OUR applications for Tier 2 dependant visa extensions, and I just assumed that our visas would be issued within 6 to 8 weeks, as they were issued in that time period the FIRST time we applied 2 years ago. I had no idea that our visas cannot be issued until my husband's ILR comes through (my bad)! I was planning to go overseas for 2 weeks after our Tier 2 visa extensions come though, to finish up some very urgent business. And I thought I would be able to leave UK in approximately 8 weeks.

So... I just asked my husband how he had applied for his ILR, and he said he had applied online. So, If there are 2 ways to apply, either 'online' or 'by post', then does this mean that my husband CANNOT now apply for the Premier Service, because he did not apply by post? It doesn't specifically say that you CAN'T apply for Premium if you applied originally online , it just says that you can use the service "IF" you originally applied 'by post'.

If the answer is that NO, he CANNOT apply through Premium Service because he applied originally online - then WHY is that? What is the difference between applying online and applying by post, that makes only ONE of those choices able to apply for Premium service?

I cannot wait for up to 4 or 5 months to be able to leave the UK. And I understand from an Immigration advisor that that if my husband tried to cancel his current ILR application, he will never get his passport back (?? What??), and from someone I spoke to at UK immigration I was told that my husband WOULD get his passport back, but it could take a very very long time.

Please if anyone can answer any or all of my above questions, I would much appreciate it! If my husband IS eligible to apply for Premium service, we would need for him to do it right away, so that I can be free to fly out to finish up my urgent business. THANKS
I feel your pain so much. I was meant to be on holiday this week. Luckily it's just getting in the way of my down time, not urgent business, but this is agony. The not knowing. I would possibly upgrade to Premium if this is an option, so do let me know if you find out. I'm afraid I don't have the answers for you. I applied on July 18th and I have asked my employed to check my status. I'll update once I find out.

Minnie Me
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Minnie Me » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Further to my post above, I have just read this comment (from 2012) on another forum:

"To avoid becoming an overstayer your appointment for the premium service must be before your current visa expires, or if you are doing it by post it must be received by the Home Office (send it Special Delivery!) before your current visa expires."

Is this information correct, that your Premium service appointment must be before current visa expiry date? Would this still apply, if you have already applied through the 'regular' ILR application method (by post, or online), and are now SWITCHING to Premium Service?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Minnie Me wrote:

1. You should start your own topic with your detailed questions regarding premium rather than tagging onto this thread. Or continue in your topic you already have.

2. You cannot just book a premium appointment now and attend. You have to apply to HO for the Premium Upgrade Service, see link below. Only a small number of requests are accepted and approved daily and you have to email asap in the morning to get a shot. You can email daily if you wish. Not all applicants will be accepted and this is entirely up to HO to decide.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Minnie Me wrote:

You can definitely try for premium upgrade even if you made an online application. (Confirmed with UKVI Immigration helpline)
But like CR001 said its not certain you'll get it. I am still trying, apply everyday. Not sure how they choose it.

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 pm

priccl wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:44 am
Hi,

Thanks,

I have noticed the same - longer for online applications - think its because they go to sheffield. Let us know when you hear. Keen to know about timescales of any online applications specially SET M.

priccl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by priccl » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Yeah, I'll update this thread. My employer requested the check for my rights to work, they say response will be within 5 working days.

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:04 pm

priccl wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 am
Your employer is supposed to use the ECS process to check your status. A reply is to be expected within 5 days but my employer hasnt heard back from UKVI for over 2 months, that was why i emailed UKVI complaints team. See link: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

priccl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by priccl » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Your employer is supposed to use the ECS process to check your status. A reply is to be expected within 5 days but my employer hasnt heard back from UKVI for over 2 months, that was why i emailed UKVI complaints team. See link: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
This is so helpful, thank you for sharing. If they don't hear back in 5 days, we'll complain straight away. Please let us know when you get a response on your application too. Fingers crossed for you :)

priccl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by priccl » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Ok, we heard back today from the ECS. All good for me to keep working etc. I guess nothing to complain about and I just need to keep waiting.

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:34 pm

priccl wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 pm
Ok, we heard back today from the ECS. All good for me to keep working etc. I guess nothing to complain about and I just need to keep waiting.
Good to hear this. I also heard back as per ECS on 04/10/18 and I recieved an approval letter on 08/10/18. I hope you hear back soon too. Good Luck!

priccl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by priccl » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Happy for you! Can't believe they literally did it in one day after you complained, well done for doing it.
As for mine, whyyy does it take so long? :(

nick0811
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by nick0811 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:52 pm

I wish the time limit stated for postal applications was the 4-9 weeks stated.

We applied for SET M ILR on 15 Aug 2018, BRP completed 5 Sep 2018 and not even any acknowledgement since then. We cannot complain before the 3 month deadline and have just asked my wife's employer to chase via ECS based on this thread.

Is the lack of acknowledgement a good thing implying that there has been no need for further documentation or is it just that our file is somewhere in a pile gathering dust? It would be good to hear that we are not the only ones experiencing a wall of silence?

Naveedhussain786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Naveedhussain786 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Application: SET (M)
Application sent: 1 August 2018
Received by HO: 2 August 2018
Payment Debited: 3August 2018
Ack Letter/E-mail: N/A
Biometrics Letter: 14 August 2018
Biometrics Enrolled: 24 August 2018
Refusal/approval Letter: WAITING
BRP received: WAITING
How long take more :roll: :

Naveedhussain786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Naveedhussain786 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Can you help me.

priccl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by priccl » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:02 am

nick0811 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:52 pm
I wish the time limit stated for postal applications was the 4-9 weeks stated.

We applied for SET M ILR on 15 Aug 2018, BRP completed 5 Sep 2018 and not even any acknowledgement since then. We cannot complain before the 3 month deadline and have just asked my wife's employer to chase via ECS based on this thread.

Is the lack of acknowledgement a good thing implying that there has been no need for further documentation or is it just that our file is somewhere in a pile gathering dust? It would be good to hear that we are not the only ones experiencing a wall of silence?
You're saying you applied by post? You must have received something from them if you then did the BRP? They do send monthly automated emails though, are you sure they aren't going to spam?

nick0811
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by nick0811 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:31 am

Sorry - I should have said we completed biometrics on 5 SEP rather than BRP completed. We have checked our spam and also called the hotline who advised that it is not automatic to send out progress emails.

Naveedhussain786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Naveedhussain786 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:08 pm

I need to go outside uk.how many day take home office indefinite reply helping anyone what can I do

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Naveedhussain786 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:08 pm
I need to go outside uk.how many day take home office indefinite reply helping anyone what can I do
It can take up to 8 weeks, often longer. No one can tell you how long HO will take.

You should not leave the UK while you have an application pending with HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Naveedhussain786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Naveedhussain786 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:26 am

Thanks for help.but it's 12 week gone no reply.can anyone send complaint email address home office.