ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!!!! - Referee 1 Clarification Required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saz1703
Mood:
India

URGENT!!!! - Referee 1 Clarification Required

Post by saz1703 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:42 am

Hello Gurus / Experts,

I would be applying for British Naturalisation based on the eligibility route - 5 years Tier 2 + 1 year ILR. In terms of the referees I have the following questions regarding Referee 1 (Professional Referee):

1) My landlord is a railway guard, job is permanent. Can he be considered under Civil Servant (permanent) profession as mentioned in the list of acceptable professional referees.

2) I work for an automotive company as an engineer so as my friend who is a manager. He holds a MSc post-graduate degree from UK university. Can he act as Referee 1 (Professional Referee).

3) How strict are the rules when it says that the referees need to know the applicant personally for 3 years and provide details of the applicant based on their knowledge.

4) Would someone having CEng - MIET qualification and membership be enough to be accepted as Referee 1 (Professional Referee).

It would be really appreciated if you can please respond to the above queries.

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: URGENT!!!! - Referee 1 Clarification Required

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 am

saz1703 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:42 am
Hello Gurus / Experts,

I would be applying for British Naturalisation based on the eligibility route - 5 years Tier 2 + 1 year ILR. In terms of the referees I have the following questions regarding Referee 1 (Professional Referee):

1) My landlord is a railway guard, job is permanent. Can he be considered under Civil Servant (permanent) profession as mentioned in the list of acceptable professional referees.Railway employees are not civil servants (the railways are private companies - he could be your other referee though if he fullfils the requirements.

2) I work for an automotive company as an engineer so as my friend who is a manager. He holds a MSc post-graduate degree from UK university. Can he act as Referee 1 (Professional Referee). I believe that should be ok, manager of/in a VAT registered business

3) How strict are the rules when it says that the referees need to know the applicant personally for 3 years and provide details of the applicant based on their knowledge.Don't know any guidance on this, but I would try and comply with the requirements.

4) Would someone having CEng - MIET qualification and membership be enough to be accepted as Referee 1 (Professional Referee).YES - ideal

It would be really appreciated if you can please respond to the above queries.

Thank you
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

saz1703
Mood:
India

Post by saz1703 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:27 am

Thanks for the reply. Regarding your reply on on point no 1.

As I said previously I work for an automotive company and my friend is a manager within the same company but different department. There are also many other managers in different departments of the company and he being like one of them.

Is that fine for him to act as a referee or does he needs to be a manager of limited company like self employed.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:38 am

I can only speak from my own experience: My referees are managers in the same company where I work, they quoted their job titles. No issues.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.