ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa English

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiger_pig_ukhk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa English

Post by tiger_pig_ukhk » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:33 pm

I am applying the spouse visa and I am so confused with the academic qualifications and the english requirement. I really hope someone could help me!

I am originally from Hong Kong but I got my Bachelor Degree of Science (BSc) in USA.

On the UK visa website, it says I need to have a degree or academic qualification that was taught or researched in English and my qualification is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or higher.

I believe I need to get a letter from NARIC. But which one do I need? Simply only the Statement of Comparability? Or do I also need English Language Assessment? Red or blue route?

America is a English speaking language and I got a degree from there. Do I still need to prove my English?

Sorry I am so lost and I really hope someone who help me! Thank you so much in advance! Much appreciated!

Confusemigrant18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa English

Post by Confusemigrant18 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 pm

tiger_pig_ukhk wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:33 pm
I am applying the spouse visa and I am so confused with the academic qualifications and the english requirement. I really hope someone could help me!

I am originally from Hong Kong but I got my Bachelor Degree of Science (BSc) in USA.

On the UK visa website, it says I need to have a degree or academic qualification that was taught or researched in English and my qualification is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or higher.

I believe I need to get a letter from NARIC. But which one do I need? Simply only the Statement of Comparability? Or do I also need English Language Assessment? Red or blue route?

America is a English speaking language and I got a degree from there. Do I still need to prove my English?

Sorry I am so lost and I really hope someone who help me! Thank you so much in advance! Much appreciated!
No need if the UK NARIC certifies your degree:

1. Taught in english
2. Higher degree or equivalent

I believe you need to pay for both just to make sure. :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Only US citizens are exempt from English test but not US degree holders. You either need to get comparability report & English proficiency letter from NARIC under red route or do approved English test such as life skills ielts A1/A2/B1. Both cost same.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tiger_pig_ukhk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tiger_pig_ukhk » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:08 am

Thank you very much! I will do it now :)