ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 to ILR with Dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Azlaan06
Newly Registered
England

Tier1 to ILR with Dependants

Post by Azlaan06 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:51 am

Hello, I am preparing my ILR via Tier 1 50K route application and have a few questions related to my dependants.

1. Both my children are UK born, the older one has been a PBS dependant for 2 years, so does he qualify for an ILR or not?
2. My second born is only 3 months. And I am thinking not to apply for her visa yet. If I get an ILR, will she automatically qualify for an ILR?
3. My wife has only been a PBS dependant for 1 year (previously was a tier 4), her application will be a PBS extension and not the ILR, correct?

Thanks!

vinny

Re: Tier1 to ILR with Dependants

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:55 am

1 & 2. Just skip any leave to remain applications for your children and register them to become British citizens, after you are granted ILR.
3. Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Azlaan06
Newly Registered
England

Post by Azlaan06 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:13 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:55 am
1 & 2. Just skip any leave to remain applications for your children and register them to become British citizens, after you are granted ILR.
3. Yes.

Thank you vinny. Just to be clear, my children can register to be british citizens as soon as I get my ILR?
Also, my son's 2 years PBS dependant leave expires with my wife. If i do not apply his visa, would he have had overstayed then?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Azlaan06 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:13 pm
Just to be clear, my children can register to be british citizens as soon as I get my ILR?
Yes.
Azlaan06 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:13 pm
Also, my son's 2 years PBS dependant leave expires with my wife. If i do not apply his visa, would he have had overstayed then?
Yes. However, if your son is under 10, then overstaying won't affect his entitlement to register.

If your application for ILR is refused for any reasons, then you would all have problems.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Azlaan06
Newly Registered
England

Post by Azlaan06 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Thank you so much for your help.
I have another question. Can my wife send her application with me? Her visa does not expire until first week of Jan '19. I am applying next month so can she send a "Tier 1 dependant application" with me?
Kindly correct me if the application form I have quoted in wrong for my wife.

Thank you.

Azlaan06
Newly Registered
England

Post by Azlaan06 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:30 pm

Hello Moderators, I am looking forward to apply in a weeks time or so and would like to know whether I can send my wife’s application with mine? Really looking forward to your guidance.
Cheers!