ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement for citizen of exempt country

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nns
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

English language requirement for citizen of exempt country

Post by nns » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi,
I had applied last month for naturalisation via online +NDRS+JCAP. I am a citizen of a majority English speaking country that appears under the list of exempt countries for proving knowledge of English language. I had submitted my passport as a proof of both the identity and to satisfy the requirement for knowledge of the English language. This is the same passport I had submitted as part of my ILR appliction as well and had been accepted as fulfilling the language requirement.

However today I have received a letter a from the home office stating they haven't received a relevant document proving my knowledge of English. I wanted to confirm whether my understanding is correct that as a national of an English speaking country, I am exempt from the requirement of providing any additional documentation towards the satisfaction of this requirement.

in any case the home office has only given me 10 days to send in the documentation which is too short a time frame for me to sit a language test . Any help would be really appreciated

thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: English language requirement for citizen of exempt country

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:20 pm

No idea why you should be sitting the English test if you are from a country (which?) on the exempt list. Suggest you send a letter (Special Delivery) explaining the situation, adding copies of relevant documents (passport or ID card, birth certificate, etc). Keep copies of everything you send.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nns
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nns » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:34 pm

I am a Canadian citizen

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:41 pm

The case worker hasn't checked properly!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nns
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nns » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:42 pm

I thought that to be the case but I just find it incredible that the proof (the passport) is staring them in the face and they decide to send the applicant on a wild goose chase instead.