ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring my Sister to the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deepakkashyap
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Sponsoring my Sister to the UK

Post by Deepakkashyap » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi All,
I am or Tier 2 General VISA.
I would like to invite my sister to the uk and I will be sponsoring her cost of travel and all expenses. My sister is not working in India and do not have any savings. Me and my wife both are working in the UK and can bear all expense. Please can you help and guide if my sister can get a VISA with my earnings and income proof?

My wife is also pregnant; does that makes my application strong if I mention this in my invitation letter? What all documents I can provide? Is it ok if I transfer some funds to my sister's account and then she can give her bank statement.

Apologies for many queries; I am just worried if she can get a VISA.

Thanks in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsoring my Sister to the UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:47 pm

What evidence of strong ties to home country will she submit?

Transferring money to her is likely to be viewed suspiciously by UKVI.

With no employment or savings, she risks a refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:13 pm

Deepakkashyap wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:22 pm
My wife is also pregnant; does that makes my application strong if I mention this in my invitation letter?
It may make your case weaker. It would appear to the caseworker that you are attempting to bring your sister in as an unpaid worker to look after your wife during and after childbirth. Visitors are not allowed to work during their visit, whether paid or unpaid.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Deepakkashyap
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deepakkashyap » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:27 pm

My parents are in India, can I submit their details as a proof that she has a ties back in home country?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Deepakkashyap wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:27 pm
My parents are in India, can I submit their details as a proof that she has a ties back in home country?
You could try but with no employment status and savings there is very little chance.
Your sponsorship counts but the applicant's financial wellbeing is more important. You transferring money may only weaken the case as she will appear to be dependent on someone in the UK.

You should look for plan B as well
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.