ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) 5 years ONLINE application - takes longer?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

S3TM
United Kingdom

Re: SET(M) 5 years ONLINE application - takes longer?

Post by S3TM » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 am

Acknowledgement emails are sent every month and I found both of my emails in my Junk Mail. They come from 'UK Visa & Immigration' and are sent at 11.04am. All they say is we are considering your application :|

Sent SET(M) application on 20th Aug and received emails 6th September and 5th October. Still waiting for decision :?

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:08 am

S3TM wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 am
Acknowledgement emails are sent every month and I found both of my emails in my Junk Mail. They come from 'UK Visa & Immigration' and are sent at 11.04am. All they say is we are considering your application :|

Sent SET(M) application on 20th Aug and received emails 6th September and 5th October. Still waiting for decision :?

Hello, can you please confirm whether you sent your application via post or online?

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:10 am

nick0811 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:31 am
Sorry - I should have said we completed biometrics on 5 SEP rather than BRP completed. We have checked our spam and also called the hotline who advised that it is not automatic to send out progress emails.
Hi Nick, I was just wondering whether this application you sent was by post or online? Just trying to figure out which one is quicker as there are many post on this thread that are saying online takes considerably longer?

S3TM
United Kingdom

Post by S3TM » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:20 am

allyf wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:08 am
S3TM wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 am

Hello, can you please confirm whether you sent your application via post or online?
Sent via Post on August 20th and still waiting

l3chiffre
Cameroon

Post by l3chiffre » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am

allyf wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:10 am
nick0811 wrote:
Sorry - I should have said we completed biometrics on 5 SEP rather than BRP completed. We have checked our spam and also called the hotline who advised that it is not automatic to send out progress emails.
Hi Nick, I was just wondering whether this application you sent was by post or online? Just trying to figure out which one is quicker as there are many post on this thread that are saying online takes considerably longer?
I applied online ILR (LR) - Applied on the 22nd August. Same reminder - under consideration and may take up to 6 months.

Still waiting

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:23 am

l3chiffre wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am
allyf wrote:
nick0811 wrote:
I applied online ILR (LR) - Applied on the 22nd August. Same reminder - under consideration and may take up to 6 months.

Still waiting
This topic is for SET(M) ILR and not for SET(LR). Please continue in your existing topic you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

S3TM
United Kingdom

Post by S3TM » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 am

@allyf

what about you? What application did you send and when?

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm

l3chiffre wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am
allyf wrote:
nick0811 wrote:

Still waiting
Thank you for the information. Best of luck and please do keep us posted when you hear back!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:43 pm

S3TM wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 am
@allyf

Hi S3TM,
I haven’t applied as of yet as I’m not due to until December. I’m trying to get an idea of what is a better option whether postal or online. Of course I am forever trying to see whether appointments for premium service come up but I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning! I’m assuming you applied under set M? I understand that you can request premium service even after sending by post. Have you tried this at all? I know it’s virtually impossible to get an appointment however it is a good fallback just in case something comes through. Would it be at all possible to let me know when you do receive your visa? Or hear back from HO again? Best of luck with everything and thank you again for all the info

nick0811
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by nick0811 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm

We sent our SET (M) by post on 15 Aug - seems like there is a backlog in respect of mid Aug applications. I am
off on half term holiday with my daughter tomorrow leaving my poor wife behind - it sucks!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:34 pm

nick0811 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm
We sent our SET (M) by post on 15 Aug - seems like there is a backlog in respect of mid Aug applications. I am
off on half term holiday with my daughter tomorrow leaving my poor wife behind - it sucks!
Oh gosh , that truly does suck and I’m sorry that your wife’s application is not ready in time😒 Thanks for clarifying Nick that it was sent by post. Did you try at all intercepting by asking for premium service now? I’m just wondering how easy (or not) this option has been for people. It sounds like you need to email them daily with the request. Please do keep me posted when the visa arrives… Fingers crossed sooner than later even though right now would’ve been ideal! Thanks again

nick0811
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by nick0811 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi Ally,

Yes we tried but not even a response - it seems they accept only five applications per day Mon-Thu and none on Friday! The delay is in some ways understandable but the failure to provide progress updates and or permit enquiry is very primitive. I can travel in spite of my UK PP being in their hands as I also hold an Irish Passport and when you apply to their passport office using your reference number, there is a tracking system that estimates the time until approval. I will certainly let you know if and when we receive any positive news.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 pm

nick0811 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:48 pm
Hi Ally,

Yes we tried but not even a response - it seems they accept only five applications per day Mon-Thu and none on Friday! The delay is in some ways understandable but the failure to provide progress updates and or permit enquiry is very primitive. I can travel in spite of my UK PP being in their hands as I also hold an Irish Passport and when you apply to their passport office using your reference number, there is a tracking system that estimates the time until approval. I will certainly let you know if and when we receive any positive news.
Uggg can’t believe they only except five applications per day! Well that’s good news that you have an Irish passport in order to travel. Thanks again for all your information and also for keeping us updated on any positive news… I’m sure it will come soon! As unfortunate the situation is, it’s nice to know there are people out there all in the same boat and that we are not alone! My depressive journey in this process begins in December… Lucky for me my 28days before expiry lands right in between Christmas and new year so I’ll have even less chances of getting appointments and / or Application processed quickly 😖

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Keep in mind that from November, the process for applying for visas from within the UK is set to change. We are not sure about PSC appointments. This thread gives some useful links.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvi-digit ... 44-20.html

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:28 pm

michali wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:52 pm
Keep in mind that from November, the process for applying for visas from within the UK is set to change. We are not sure about PSC appointments. This thread gives some useful links.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvi-digit ... 44-20.html
Thanks Michali, I did actually see this thread earlier and looks as though we need to sit tight to see what will come as of November5. To be honest, all I can foresee are major issues (and lots of confusion) as any changes to government policies and procedures come with incredible growing pains. But let’s see. Like you said earlier, It’ll be a surprise if they get rid of PSC altogether because of the huge revenue generated from this service. If you do happen to hear something before Nov please do keep us posted. Many thanks for your thoughts

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Will certainly share any news especially from gov.uk

priccl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by priccl » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:13 am

nick0811 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm
Oh man, that is terrible, sorry to hear that. I was meant to go on a nice holiday abroad too, but now we're going to the Lake District next week. I shouldn't complain as I know there are people going through much worse, but still sucks. We always knew it might happen, but I did think it wouldn't take this long. Hearing that we're not the only ones does help. I applied online on July 18th, got the 3 "still processing" emails. Looks like someone else got theirs online SET M recently and it took 4 and half months (they applied in early June!). Obviously 1 doesn't make it a trend, but at least someone that applied online (and didn't go through to the complaint process) go theirs.

NomiKaay
United Kingdom

Post by NomiKaay » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:58 pm

I was under the impression that online ILR (Set M in my case) would be quicker as the different elements - Biometric; acknowledgement; fees etc - are all taken on the spot, so, in theory, should be efficient. I am now regretting not using Same Day Service as it would have been ideal. I have over 2 weeks leave left in my work till end of Dec, I plan on going to Europe for a holiday which requires obtaining Schengen Visa; I am in a limbo with my pending Set M application.

For reference, I submitted mine in mid-Sept. All my previous postal applications have been granted within 5-6 weeks of applying.

S3TM
United Kingdom

Post by S3TM » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:49 pm

allyf wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:43 pm
S3TM wrote:
@allyf

Hi S3TM,
I haven’t applied as of yet as I’m not due to until December. I’m trying to get an idea of what is a better option whether postal or online. Of course I am forever trying to see whether appointments for premium service come up but I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning! I’m assuming you applied under set M? I understand that you can request premium service even after sending by post. Have you tried this at all? I know it’s virtually impossible to get an appointment however it is a good fallback just in case something comes through. Would it be at all possible to let me know when you do receive your visa? Or hear back from HO again? Best of luck with everything and thank you again for all the info
Hi allyf or anyone else that can help

Im looking into this priority service and a little confused. I dont mind pay extra for quicker response. Just need clarity that IF im accepted for priority service will I need to go to a permium service or will they process it without needed me in person? I prefer NOT to go to a premium service

Anyone please help

NomiKaay
United Kingdom

Post by NomiKaay » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 pm

S3TM wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:49 pm
allyf wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:43 pm
S3TM wrote:
@allyf

Hi S3TM,
Hi allyf or anyone else that can help

Im looking into this priority service and a little confused. I dont mind pay extra for quicker response. Just need clarity that IF im accepted for priority service will I need to go to a permium service or will they process it without needed me in person? I prefer NOT to go to a premium service

Anyone please help
You can specify that in the request. It can either be in-person or in your absence.

Naveedhussain786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Naveedhussain786 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:12 am

Naveedhussain786 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:23 pm
Application: SET (M)
Application sent: 1 August 2018
Received by HO: 2 August 2018
Payment Debited: 3August 2018
Ack Letter/E-mail: N/A
Biometrics Letter: 14 August 2018
Biometrics Enrolled: 24 August 2018
Refusal/approval Letter: WAITING
BRP received: WAITING
How long take more :roll: :
4 months gone nothing reply what going on

S3TM
United Kingdom

Post by S3TM » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am

Naveedhussain786 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:12 am
Naveedhussain786 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:23 pm
Application: SET (M)
Application sent: 1 August 2018
Received by HO: 2 August 2018
Payment Debited: 3August 2018
Ack Letter/E-mail: N/A
Biometrics Letter: 14 August 2018
Biometrics Enrolled: 24 August 2018
Refusal/approval Letter: WAITING
BRP received: WAITING
How long take more :roll: :
4 months gone nothing reply what going on
That's 3 months :D

I've been waiting just over 2 months now. I reckon it will be a long wait for us. Annoying as applications before August were processed within 6 weeks!!

Naveedhussain786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Naveedhussain786 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Did u applied spouse visa ilr 5 year round.
When did you apply.
Where you from?

S3TM
United Kingdom

Post by S3TM » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Naveedhussain786 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:25 pm
Did u applied spouse visa ilr 5 year round.
When did you apply.
Where you from?
5 year spouse visa - SET(M)

Applied 20th August 2018 via Post
Biometrics enrolled 10th September 2018

Naveedhussain786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Naveedhussain786 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Thanks for reply. Let's wating