ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Citizenship and Entry/Exit Stamps

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Application for Citizenship and Entry/Exit Stamps

Post by Lorenna » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi,

I wanted to apply for Citizenship. I have been living in Ireland for the last 3 years (Irish Spouse). We have only left the country for a few weeks here and there each year for a holiday, no longer than 2 weeks at a time, and no more than 6 weeks in any year.
One year the two of us visited the UK for a long weekend. We got no entry stamp going into London because we arrived from Ireland. When we returned to Dublin though we got an entry Stamp going back into Dublin. Will this be an issue applying for Citizenship? I now have a stamp showing entry into Dublin on that date but no stamp showing when I left.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Application for Citizenship and Entry/Exit Stamps

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Nope this won't be an issue. In fact this is the standard immigration control process when you travel from Ireland to the UK. You won't get a stamp when you arrive in the UK because it's in Common Travel Area.
In theory, there shouldn't be an immigration control either when you travel from the UK to Ireland, but Irish airports do not have separated areas for domestic and international arrivals, so you go through immigration controls either way.

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorenna » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:02 pm

So will this even be brought up as an issue? Should I mention it in the application? I kept all boarding cards as proof in case. I just feel like they will see an entry stamp to Ireland and no other entry stamp to a different country showing I left and assume I've been out for ages with no proof in the passport. They might think I'd been outside Ireland for more than 6 weeks.
It will probably be the same if I go back to my home country later this year, I wont get an entry stamp but will going back to Dublin. So how would I even prove I was only there two weeks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Nope it won't be an issue. Nobody is going to bring it up. You don't need to mention it in your application. Flights between UK and the Ireland are the most frequent route for people living in Ireland. Tons of foreign professionals working in Ireland do that every year and I don't see how anyone would be asked a question like this.

Coincidentally just last week, we have a tourist from China asking a similar question in a different forum. She was worried that because she flew from Ireland to the UK, and then from the UK to China, there was no exit stamp. She contacted the Embassy of Ireland in China just to be safe, and they replied to her that they knew all the flight details when she flew out from both Ireland and the UK.