ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements - No date, no heading, address in different language

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pshbrittany
Newly Registered
United States of America

Bank Statements - No date, no heading, address in different language

Post by pshbrittany » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Hello,

I have some questions about the bank statements needed for an unmarried partner visa.

My bank only offers online statements, but will stamp them if you print them out and bring them in. The statement has the bank details on it, but is not on company headed paper.

1. Is it a problem that it's not on company headed paper?

The statement isn't dated. It has the statement month on it, but doesn't have a date of issue, printing, or stamping. If this is no problem, then presumably the 28 day rule doesn't matter in this case.

2. Is it okay to not have a date on the statement?

The statements have my partner's name and our address on it, but the address is in Japanese (It's the only thing on the document in Japanese, the rest is in English).

3. Do we need to have that part of the statement translated? Officially translated?

Lastly, the statements are more than one page long for each month. The first page has the bank details, but the second page doesn't. They stamped both pages, but they stamped the second page in the top corner where they stapled it so that the stamp was half way on the back of the first page and half way on the front of the second page.

4. Is it a problem that the second page has no bank details?
5. Is their stamping method a problem?

Thanks in advance!

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Bank Statements - No date, no heading, address in different language

Post by dillonuw » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Are any of the individual transactions dated? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about missing statement header dates, as long as the officer can see that the transactions go back as far as they need (six months, right?)

I would not worry about the Japanese address since the important bits of the statements are translated. If it makes you feel better, perhaps write the romanized address in a cover letter.