ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shifting of Home during FLR process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Shifting of Home during FLR process

Post by ashishashah » Fri May 23, 2008 5:41 pm

Hello,

I am planning to apply for my FLR(Tier 1) on July 15th 2008..But i am moving out of current house on 17th Ag 2008 ..I dont know my new address as yet(need to find a new house)

My Question is ,how does HO return your Passport??By recorded delivery??What happens if u r not at home???(I wont be at that home,but my neighbour can pick up my letters)

Any idea...This is really a bad time to shift the house,but the agents wants to renew it for a year,which i dont wnat and so i am forced to vacate..

Pl. advise
Ashish

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:45 pm

You could mention the reason (shifting residence) in your cover letter and request for the documents to be returned to a specific address (e.g.- friend, neighbor etc.). Include a pre-paid special delivery envelope and mention the specific address on the address label on the special delivery envelope.

It's been a while but a friend of mine did the same thing 2 years ago when he had sent his FLR application after HSMP approval. He was staying in a hostel and was worried that his documents might get lost if they were delivered to the hostel reception, so he requested for return of documents at his uncle's address. And he didn't even give a reason !!

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri May 23, 2008 8:40 pm

Thanks for the input...

Can any 1 tell me differnece between Special delivery and recorderd Delivery??

What are the options to receive our Passport back??

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sat May 24, 2008 3:28 am

I think the main advantages of SD over RD are guaranteed delivery and higher compensation.

For more detailed info.:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... RECORDSIGN
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... yname=SDND

regards
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

yewhongwei79

Post by yewhongwei79 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:37 pm

Ashish, ask HO to send the documents to your office, that's easier!

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sun May 25, 2008 12:12 am

Thanks Edwin/yewhongwei79,

I have decided to move back to my coutry...So now i cannot direct my post to my employer in UK for obvious reasons :)..

I am planning to give one of my friends address...

Ashish

yewhongwei79

Post by yewhongwei79 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:58 pm

ashishashah wrote:Thanks Edwin/yewhongwei79,

I have decided to move back to my coutry...So now i cannot direct my post to my employer in UK for obvious reasons :)..

I am planning to give one of my friends address...

Ashish
You have decided? However, putting myself in your shoes, I can understand your situation.

Have you ever considered US?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat May 31, 2008 12:02 am

Well, in US getting H1 is like winning a lottery(literally!!!!)...Fortunately IT market in India is improving bcoz of recession in west (cos. want to cut cost and outsource jobs to India)...

So i have decided,now i need to implent it ..Hopefully i will stick to my decision :)

yewhongwei79

Post by yewhongwei79 » Sat May 31, 2008 1:27 am

ashishashah wrote:Well, in US getting H1 is like winning a lottery(literally!!!!)...Fortunately IT market in India is improving bcoz of recession in west (cos. want to cut cost and outsource jobs to India)...

So i have decided,now i need to implent it ..Hopefully i will stick to my decision :)
I see, yes it is ... I hope you all the best Ashish, let's go for a cup of coffee before you leave ok!

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Sat May 31, 2008 10:53 am

I have decided to move back to my coutry...
If you have decided to move back to your country, why at all do you want to fill HOs pockets with your hard earn money in the form of extension fee?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat May 31, 2008 11:49 pm

If you have decided to move back to your country, why at all do you want to fill HOs pockets with your hard earn money in the form of extension fee?
Yes, u r right..But i dont want to burn my bridges...I had a tough time applying for HSMP and would nt like to go through same procedure next (?)time..even if i want to come to UK for a summer break , i gess Tier 1 visa for next 3 years would allow me to do that....

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:55 pm

The choice is yours but don't you think 750 quids is a bit too much even if you come for a summer break 3 years in a row. The visit visa will cost you only 65 quids each time.

Well, I think there's more to the story than that (summer break) :wink:

regards
ashishashah wrote:
Yes, u r right..But i dont want to burn my bridges...I had a tough time applying for HSMP and would nt like to go through same procedure next (?)time..even if i want to come to UK for a summer break , i gess Tier 1 visa for next 3 years would allow me to do that....

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat May 31, 2008 11:57 pm

Well, as i mentioned i dont want to burn my bridges...just in case i change my mind in future i dont want to go through HSMp/TIEr 1 process again...Simple!!!!