ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds for Tier 1 Appllication

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitmech

Maintenance Funds for Tier 1 Appllication

Post by nitmech » Sun May 25, 2008 10:10 am

Hello All,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Visa within 10 days. I had a question related to maintenance funds.

I am a main applicant, and my wife and son are the dependents. I browsed through http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk and I understood that I will have to show the funds of 6000 Pounds (2800+1600+1600=6000).

But My consultant told me that initially I will need to show only 2800 pounds, and we will add the dependents name later.

I think it is not possible. Can anybody suggest? Please guide.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sun May 25, 2008 11:53 am

Option 1: You have to pay 750 GBP to apply for Tier1. And you could also send your dependants application in the same envelope in this fee. But you will then have to show 6000 GBP as maintenance.

Option2: If you apply for dependants later, then you would have to pay a different fee again for them (and again wait for some more time and get frustrated that its taking long). But you would have to show only the main applicants funds of 2800 GBP now.

Suggestion is to go for all applications together if you have the maintenance funds.

Please got thru all forms on http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx to make the correct decisions. Consultants would advice what suits them.

-H

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:17 pm

In my humble opinion, the option 1 suggested above is only available if you are applying from within UK (switching to Tier 1, or extending under Tier 1) and only existing dependents can be added to the application without having to pay any additonal fee.

So please check with VFS in advance whether such an arrangement is available from outside UK. As far as I know, it isn't. VFS website doesn't say so, the forms / guidance do not say so either .... so do do check with VFS.

regards
hussainkothari wrote:Option 1: You have to pay 750 GBP to apply for Tier1. And you could also send your dependants application in the same envelope in this fee. But you will then have to show 6000 GBP as maintenance.
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.