ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 -Maintenance funds..Last 3 months exact??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Tier 1 -Maintenance funds..Last 3 months exact??

Post by ashishashah » Sun May 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Hello All,

I am applying for FLR under Tier 1 soon..I am on HSMP visa currenty..

Now, i know that we need to show last 3 months statement for maintenance funds...I get my Bank statement on 1st of every month..

But i am planning to send my application on 10th July which is 9 days after i receive my bank st..So will it create any issue??HO wants "latest" bank st ,which means as of day u send application??

All Tier 1 applicants,can u pl. share your exp??What was your bank statement date and what was your date of application??
I might have to instruct my bank to send me a statement from 1st July to 9th July as i am planning to apply on 10th July..

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sun May 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi ashishashah,

In UK, if you ask any bank (specifically lloyds tsb) to send over the stmts, they take another 5 - 10 working days to send over the stmts.
HO on their web sites have mentioned that it is ok to send prints of online bank stmts for maintenance funds.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

However some senior members of the forum would not agree with me for sending online stmts.

But I very strongly believe that maintenance funds should be shown until the last day before applying. To meet this only online bank stmts can be used.

I have applied in May and expecting the results in June. Ill let you know how my application goes.

- H
Last edited by hussainkothari on Sun May 25, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sun May 25, 2008 12:42 pm

I think other members who applied for Tier 1 must have sent original bant statement(NOT online)...
I am wondering how u manage to do it??Bythe time bank sends u statements it would take 5-6 woking days and they will be "old" ..

Applicants for Tier 1,can any1 share their exp???

whereisthasummer
Newly Registered

Post by whereisthasummer » Sun May 25, 2008 2:47 pm

The date on your last bank statement can be no later than 1 month prior the the date of your application.

Example - Say your bank statment is dated 25 June. You can use this statement as long as your application reaches the HO before 25 July.

GoodLuck.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:51 pm

very true. And this is clearly mentioned in the guidance notes / website but people don't seem to either read carefully or choose to ignore it.

regards
whereisthasummer wrote:The date on your last bank statement can be no later than 1 month prior the the date of your application.

Example - Say your bank statment is dated 25 June. You can use this statement as long as your application reaches the HO before 25 July.

GoodLuck.
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sun May 25, 2008 6:09 pm

I am ware that 1 month rule is valid for "Previuos Earning" section..But was not aware of that same rule applies for "Maintenance section" as well.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:22 pm

No offence buddy, but you just proved the point I made above. :wink:

Anyhow, here it is - straight from the horse's mouth (BIA website):
For example, if you apply under Tier 1 (General) on 12 June, a single bank statement with a closing balance of £800 dated between 12 May and 12 June will meet the maintenance requirements. A bank statement dated before 12 May will not be acceptable.
Taken from http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.