ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension *Income Requirements*

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Spouse Visa Extension *Income Requirements*

Post by klite12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Hi,

So my wife's spouse visa is due for an extension of June, 2020. I am aware that prior to this that I need to meet the income requirements yet again, my dilemma is that I will by in my 3rd year of full-time University at that time and part of my course involves a compulsory exchange abroad (which means I can't work full-time in the UK at that time).

1) Is there a way around meeting the 18,600 requirement? I know both my partner and I can work towards it, however is 3rd party assistance possible (I.E My Mother who we live with?).

2) If we cannot meet the requirements, what happens? (We have no children.)

3) If she does have to leave and go back to the UK, if I was to then apply again for the visa after a year - would the fact that she left have a negative impact on my application?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension *Income Requirements*

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 pm

klite12 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:24 pm
Hi,

So my wife's spouse visa is due for an extension of June, 2020. I am aware that prior to this that I need to meet the income requirements yet again, my dilemma is that I will by in my 3rd year of full-time University at that time and part of my course involves a compulsory exchange abroad (which means I can't work full-time in the UK at that time).

1) Is there a way around meeting the 18,600 requirement? I know both my partner and I can work towards it, however is 3rd party assistance possible (I.E My Mother who we live with?).

3) If she does have to leave and go back to the UK, if I was to then apply again for the visa after a year - would the fact that she left have a negative impact on my application?
1. Savings (£62500 six month old)
2. They might put her on 10 years route
3. No negative affect.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

klite12

Post by klite12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 pm
klite12 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:24 pm
Hi,

1. Savings (£62500 six month old)
2. They might put her on 10 years route
3. No negative affect.
So, aside from savings can we not use her income?

Also, what is the criteria to meet the ten-year route?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:22 am

You cant use your mothers or any other third party's income.

In terms of 10 year route it is a discretionary leave where you don't meet the financial requirements. But it is not guaranteed you will get it.

You still have 2 years to go, why doesn't your spouse perhaps find employment if possible, or start saving from parents help etc.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease