ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Resident form - step by step

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Juan21
Newly Registered
Spain

Permanent Resident form - step by step

Post by Juan21 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:55 am

Good morning,

Firstly, apologise if this theme has been solved already but I can't find it. Also, move the post if is not in the right category.
We are 4 EEA applying for permanent resident as a part of the process to become British citizen. Filling the form, I found some steps that I think are a bit confusing for me. Could you help us to clarify it please?
PS: neither I didn't found a guide explaining step by step.

1/ I have added my children in the application, in the paragraph "Employment and self-employment" is a question for the parents of the child or is a question for the child?
Because only allows me to fill the boxes for one person... (one parent only? for the child applicant?)

2/In the paragraph "Public funds" is a question for the parents of the child or is a question for the child?

I looking forward to hearing from you soon
Thanks in advance
Juan

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Permanent Resident form - step by step

Post by NikiGio » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Juan21 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:55 am
PS: neither I didn't found a guide explaining step by step.
There is a guide - the guidance notes. I'm presuming you're applying for EEA (PR)? Guidance notes are in:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-pr
Juan21 wrote:
1/ I have added my children in the application, in the paragraph "Employment and self-employment" is a question for the parents of the child or is a question for the child?
Because only allows me to fill the boxes for one person... (one parent only? for the child applicant?)
It refers to the parent who is the main applicant.
Juan21 wrote:
2/In the paragraph "Public funds" is a question for the parents of the child or is a question for the child?
It refers to the parent who is the main applicant. I'm presuming your children don't receive benefits directly in their name.

Are you and your partner applying for EEA (PR), two parents and two children? Do both parents exercise treaty tights, or only one?
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

Juan21
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Juan21 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:18 pm

HI NikiGio

Thanks for your help.

Are you and your partner applying for EEA (PR), two parents and two children? YES
Do both parents exercise treaty tights, or only one? BOTH

Rgds

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:26 pm

No problem.

Ok, so you can do a single family application or you can do two applications and decide in which one to put the children.

If you do a single family application, choose as the main applicant the one of you for which you have the best evidence of exercising treaty rights. The other parent and the children would then be dependents on that application.

How old are the children? They also need to have lived here five years to apply for PR. Spouses need to have been married five years to apply together.

If any of your supporting documents (like your marriage certificate) are not in English, you need to have them translated by a certified translator. Passports/IDs don't need to be translated.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

Juan21
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Juan21 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Many Thanks,

Your help is much appreciated. The kids have been 6 years in UK and we are married since 2001. We will apply as soon we will have all the documents translated.

Thanks