ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

previous passport in non eea pr /Travel history for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeeshan7861
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

previous passport in non eea pr /Travel history for PR

Post by zeeshan7861 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:54 pm

i am going to apply for non eea pr. i was failed asylum seeker who aquired residence card in 2014. marraige was with eea citizen done in 2010. because i was failed asylum seeker i had no passport at all until november 2017. residence card i recieved on ARC card.
My question is because i recieved my first country passport in November 2017 from my country high comissionan and previously had no passport how can i prove to HO that i never been outside UK during last 5 years of marriage.
the reason is one solicitor told me that HO can ask my previous travel history to conclude that if i have been outside uk more than i required . And i should get a letter from my country high commission that they issued me first passport in nov 2017. which my country high comission says they cannnot provide.
i have proof of residence in uk in form of letters but what should i say about travel history/ passport because HO can accuse me to hiding my previos travel history which i am not...
please advice thanks

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: previous passport in non eea pr /Travel history for PR

Post by NikiGio » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:31 am

On p.28 and p.29 of the EEA (PR) form, the applicant is asked to list absences. As long as you answer truthfully and to the best of your recollection, you should not be asked for anything further.

Some people don't remember the exact dates of their trips and have lost evidence (such as e-mails from the airlines), so they try their best to give approximate dates and add a covering letter saying this.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:55 am

You can send them an information request to give you border crossing records they have.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:36 pm

For people in similar situation:
Last friday I actually reported that the permit did not arrive on HO official webpage:
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived
(Even though it is not what the letter we received recommeneded)
Thoday I got a reply:

Thank you for the enquiry (Email received 26th October 2018) regarding the delivery of the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
We can confirm that the BRP has been produced recently and should be out for delivery within 3-5 working days. Deliveries take place between 8am and 6pm. Please note that on delivery the courier will require proof of identity (such as passport, driving licence or bank card) and a signature to confirm receipt of the package.
We are unable to provide any other delivery details at the moment.
We advise travel arrangements should not be made until after the BRP has been received.
Thank you

BRP Delivery Team
(D06)

So I hope that we will be fine. I will update when/if we get the PR permit.