ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacement service for NDRS/ JCAP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poppysanch
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Replacement service for NDRS/ JCAP

Post by poppysanch » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:46 am

It appears councils have now stopped taking new appointments for NCS/ NDRS/ JCAP services. Some councils are still honoring existing appointment until the end of November but not able to take new appointments. Information on the home office website gov.uk still refers to councils unfortunately and it appears to have been updated on the 24th of October. I'm really at a loss as I would like to apply asap and use the quickest service that allows me to retain my passport so I am able to travel between now and Christmas for both work and visiting family. I saw on another post that the service may be moved to post office or libraries, however has not been agreed. I'm a bit surprised the service has been stopped with the councils when alternative arrangements have not been made. If anyone has any information on what is really going on and any new process, that would be much appreciated. Really disappointed home office information has not been updated.

epi
United Kingdom

Re: Replacement service for NDRS/ JCAP

Post by epi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:06 am

I talked to my council in August and it seems they already knew what organisation was going to take this role in our area. It's strange...

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:21 pm

The changes were announced in May this year with an expected start date of early November. UKVI has failed its duty by not making things clear to its supplicants, like us. Shame on them.

If you google this text you'll find some information on what is likely to happen (sorry not allowed to post the URL) < a streamlined online journey for most application types, with an intuitive easy-to-use form making it easier to apply >

poppysanch
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by poppysanch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:27 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:21 pm
The changes were announced in May this year with an expected start date of early November. UKVI has failed its duty by not making things clear to its supplicants, like us. Shame on them.

If you google this text you'll find some information on what is likely to happen (sorry not allowed to post the URL) < a streamlined online journey for most application types, with an intuitive easy-to-use form making it easier to apply >
Thank you, this was really helpful. I applied November 2018.