ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change council for ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maggie123456789
Newly Registered
China

Change council for ceremony

Post by maggie123456789 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi

I have received the approval letter, but the nearest appointment I can book is in Jan.
I called peterborough city council, they can book it quickly, I need to contact home office myself to transfer paper work from Cambridge city council to Peterborough Register office, I have written to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
How long will it take them to transfer my paper work?

Thanks
:shock:

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Change council for ceremony

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:37 pm

If you change the location for your Citizenship ceremony, your designated Council will have to return your certificate to the Home Office and you will then have to wait for the HO to process the paperwork for the new Council.

You may have to wait some time for this to be processed and you are likely to lose the earlier slot with the new Council. :idea:

If you aren't able to wait, you may want to consider paying for a private ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.