ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Naturalisation Alternative evidence of residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saima789
Newly Registered
Pakistan

British Citizenship – Good Character

Post by Saima789 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi all ,

I just need your advise in relation to the good character requirements for nationality ,
I was firstly enter in the uk 16th January 2010 in student visa valid till 1/1/2011,
COA applied 29th April 2010,coa granted on the 24th August 2010, got married 28th October 2010 to eu national ,
EEA residence card applied on the 05th May 2011,

Which was granted ,my question is ?
Would I be considered illegal or over stay during the period from 2/1/11 to 5th May 2011 ?
As home office refusing nationality appoication for good chacracter reason kindly help me

Saima789
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Divorce from a EU spouse after receiving permanent residence

Post by Saima789 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi all ,

My friend enterd in the United Kingdom January’s 2010 on study’s visa valid till January 2011,
During this period he met eu national and after been Granted COA in 2010 he eventually got married to EU national in October 2010, as his visa got expired in January 2011 ,after he submitted his EEA pr application to the home office which was granted in 2012, he got divorced from wi nation in 2014 and applied for retention visa which was granted and then he appplied PR which was granted in nov 2017 ,now he due for nationality

His concern is that
When his visa was expired and he was lready married to EU before expiry date ,so from his study’s visa expiry date to his application submission to home office whic is January 2011 to May 2011 ,would he be considered over stay ? and his nationality could be refused due to good character requirements?

Kindly clear this point to me

Regards
Saima

alaskangirl

Re: Divorce from a EU spouse after receiving permanent residence

Post by alaskangirl » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi saima,

You friend has already got his PR, this means to me there is nothing to worry about :)

My impression is that your friend is fine. I believe he only needs to submit documents for the period of time after he got his PR, nothing prior to that anymore.

Also, as far as I’m aware (although it’s been a while since I last read the regulation), he doesn’t have to apply for the citizenship at all, it’s a formality he can take care of to make his life easier :)

Good luck!

Saima789
Newly Registered
Pakistan

EEA Naturalisation Alternative evidence of residence

Post by Saima789 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi ,
I have sent this query earlier but when received no response therefor ,posting here with the full hope of response ,
Immigration History,
Arrived in the UK January 2010 study visa valid till January 2011.
Met my EU ex wife in 2010 COA was greeted in July 2010,got married in October 2010.
May 2011 submitted EEA residence card application was granted Residence card end of 2011,
Got divorced 2014 ,applied retention right visa 2015 was been granted 2016,
2017 applied for PR and was granted in November 2017 PR
due for nationality in Nov 2018
Now my question is
As my first study’s visa expired in January 2011 I was without leave to remain till my first Residece card granted almost seven months ,that period would I b considered illegal or over stay
Kindly clear this point to me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA Naturalisation Alternative evidence of residence

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:21 am

Kindly refrain from tagging onto other user topics.

You also did receive a response to a previous post you made. All posts now merged.
alaskangirl wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:40 pm
Hi saima,

You friend has already got his PR, this means to me there is nothing to worry about :)

My impression is that your friend is fine. I believe he only needs to submit documents for the period of time after he got his PR, nothing prior to that anymore.

Also, as far as I’m aware (although it’s been a while since I last read the regulation), he doesn’t have to apply for the citizenship at all, it’s a formality he can take care of to make his life easier :)

Good luck!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.