ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Accommodation - First Time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nanu123
Newly Registered
South Africa

FLR(M) appointment booking before getting Married

Post by Nanu123 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi,

I wanted to know if I can book an appointment (Same-Day, Premium) before getting married for an FLR(M) visa?

My Fiance' is British and I am not.

Current Visa: Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)

Planned Date of Marriage: 15-Nov-2018 (This is booked)

Expected Date of Visa Appointment: 21- Nov-2018 (+/- 3 days)

We will be married before the actual day of appointment and will have the marriage certificate as well.

We live in different cities but meet every weekend and planning to move jobs to stay together after marriage.

It is just that I have to go for a Premium appointment in November so want to book in advance as the slots fill quite fast.

Please advice:
1. If this is possible?
2. Whether Paper or Online would make any difference?

Thank You.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) appointment booking before getting Married

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Have you been given permission by HO to marry already?

It should not be an issue if you only book the appointment and do not use the online FLR(M) form to apply as part of the process.

So book the appointment and complete the paper form for your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nanu123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Nanu123 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 am

Thanks CR001

Yes, got the permission and marriage date is booked. As I was already living in UK, HO didn't go via the 70 days route. I got a letter that I can book the date after 28 days. So I have booked my Wedding date for 15-Nov-2018.

I will fill the Paper Application.

Do you think my partner (My wife, by the appointment date) should accompany me for the appointment? I don't want to waste her day if she is not really required.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:52 am

Yes, your future spouse needs to attend with you. If they are not able to, they will have to write a letter explaining why they are not attending etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nanu123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Nanu123 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Thanks so much. I will ask her to come along.

Nanu123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Nanu123 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Nanu123 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:11 pm
Hi,

I wanted to know if I can book an appointment (Same-Day, Premium) before getting married for an FLR(M) visa?

My Fiance' is British and I am not.

Current Visa: Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)

Planned Date of Marriage: 15-Nov-2018 (This is booked)

Expected Date of Visa Appointment: 21- Nov-2018 (+/- 3 days)

We will be married before the actual day of appointment and will have the marriage certificate as well.

We live in different cities but meet every weekend and planning to move jobs to stay together after marriage.

It is just that I have to go for a Premium appointment in November so want to book in advance as the slots fill quite fast.

Please advice:
1. If this is possible?
2. Whether Paper or Online would make any difference?

Thank You.
Hello,

Sorry, i had one more question.

It is regarding the accommodation proof for first time FLR(M)

We both live in different cities due to our Jobs.

I live in a rented accommodation in Wales and she lives in her Parent's house near London.

As I am on Tier 2(ICT), I can't change my job and move closer.

Our intention is to get Married on 15th November 2018 and get my visa changed by 25th November 2018(Using Premium Service)

After that I can look for another job near London and we can move in to a rented accommodation.

I am confused about the Accommodation Documents as we will be married (15th November) on our Appointment day (around 20th November) but still not be living together.

One way that I could think of is to ask her Parent's to give me the required documents so that I can prove that I can live in her parent's house.

Or should I just mention that we are not living together but will do after Visa Change, problem with that one is the section in the form where it asks you 'Where do you intend to live together permanently in the U.K.'

Obviously, you know much more than me and was wondering if you could suggest the best way.

Please Help :)

Nanu123
Newly Registered
South Africa

FLR(M) - Accommodation - First Time

Post by Nanu123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:51 pm

My partner is British and I am not. I am applying for my First FLR(M)

My Current Visa: Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)

Planned Date of Marriage: 15-Nov-2018 (Booked)

Premium Visa Appointment: 21- Nov-2018 (Booked)

We live in different cities but meet every weekend and planning to move jobs to stay together after marriage. We both live in different cities due to our Jobs.

My question is regarding the accommodation proof for first time FLR(M)

I live in a rented accommodation in Wales and she lives in her Parent's house near London.

Our intention is to get Married on 15th November 2018 and get my visa changed by 25th November 2018(Using Premium Service and then few days to get the new Visa couriered)

After that I can look for another job near London and we can move in to a rented accommodation.

I am confused about the Accommodation Documents as we will be married (15th November) before our Appointment day (21st November) but still not be living together.

One way that I could think of is to ask her Parent's to give me the required documents so that I can prove that I can live in her parent's house.

Or should I just mention that we are not living together but will do after Visa Change, problem with that one is the section in the form where it asks you 'Where do you intend to live together permanently in the U.K.'

Obviously, you know much more than me and was wondering if you could suggest the best way.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - Accommodation - First Time

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Nanu123 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:51 pm
My partner is British and I am not. I am applying for my First FLR(M)

My Current Visa: Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)

Planned Date of Marriage: 15-Nov-2018 (Booked)

Premium Visa Appointment: 21- Nov-2018 (Booked)

We live in different cities but meet every weekend and planning to move jobs to stay together after marriage. We both live in different cities due to our Jobs.

My question is regarding the accommodation proof for first time FLR(M)

Our intention is to get Married on 15th November 2018 and get my visa changed by 25th November 2018(Using Premium Service and then few days to get the new Visa couriered)

I am confused about the Accommodation Documents as we will be married (15th November) before our Appointment day (21st November) but still not be living together.

Easiest & cheapest solution is to show partner's parents home (if not overcrowded) to meet the accomodation requirement by only meeting the financial requirement through partner's job. Also no harm in telling HO that as soon as the visa approved then you will be free from your tier2 employer and will live in partner's parent home.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Nanu123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Nanu123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks Seagull.

What documents would I need from my partner’s parents? It is not overcrowded, it is a big house.

Also, why did you mention Partner’s financials? I am planning to use my financial as I am well above the £18.6k limit.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Nanu123 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:44 pm
Thanks Seagull.

What documents would I need from my partner’s parents? It is not overcrowded, it is a big house.

Also, why did you mention Partner’s financials? I am planning to use my financial as I am well above the £18.6k limit.
No harm in using your income too but you will have to add employment letter from tier2 employer who maynot like that you are switching into spouse visa so if your partner earning sufficiently then show only hers income only. Regarding accomodation most importantly her parent give noc letter for your stay with them plus land registry documents and home inspection report.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

maggie123456789
Newly Registered
China

Post by maggie123456789 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:56 pm

1. you can do this
2. paper or online make no difference.

maggie123456789
Newly Registered
China

Post by maggie123456789 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Nanu123 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 am
Thanks CR001

Yes, got the permission and marriage date is booked. As I was already living in UK, HO didn't go via the 70 days route. I got a letter that I can book the date after 28 days. So I have booked my Wedding date for 15-Nov-2018.

I will fill the Paper Application.

Do you think my partner (My wife, by the appointment date) should accompany me for the appointment? I don't want to waste her day if she is not really required.
It will be better to take her with you.