ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please HELP !! Tier 2 PBS Depdendent extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirmenon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Please HELP !! Tier 2 PBS Depdendent extension

Post by kirmenon » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:20 pm

I am currently on ILR which I got in Jan 2018 based on the 5 Year TIER 2 route. I am now trying to extend my wife's visa who was my TIER 2 dependent . I am filling out the application for her , based on her as the main applicant .

While I am trying to pay the IHS fees for her , it asks me to fill out the details for myself "The person you're joining or remaining with tier 2 dependent " . under which I cannot find an entry for ILR . Could I please get some help in how do I fill this please . The only options I can see is Further Leave to Remain which does not say Indefinite Leave to remain .

Could I please get some guidance on this please .

Minnie Me
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Please HELP !! Tier 2 PBS Depdendent extension

Post by Minnie Me » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:42 am

We were (or are, actually) in the same situation - and somewhere in the UK Immigration pages instructions for filling out the application, it stated something like 'if the person you're joining or remaining with is on ILR, then choose the LAST 'STATUS' that person held/applied for before ILR", which in our case was Tier 2. So that's what we did.

I don't' have the link to that page handy, unfortunately, it wasn't that easy to find. Perhaps someone else can link you to it...

Minnie Me
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Please HELP !! Tier 2 PBS Depdendent extension

Post by Minnie Me » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:45 am

Oops, just to add: So presumably you would choose 'Further Leave to Remain', if that was the last visa you applied for