ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa waiting time 4 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spreekhan

Spouse visa waiting time 4 months

Post by spreekhan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 am

Urgent Please share your Experience:

Application Category : Settlement (Wife) NON Priority

Application Submitted Online : 2tth June 2018

Biometrics & Passport Submission : Karachi, Pakistan 29th June 2018

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield : 2nd July 2018

Supporting Documents Received At Sheffield : 4th July 2018

Email Received : 18th July 2018 Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Supporting Documents Received Back: 8th August 2018.

Sponsor contacted by UKVI : No

employer contacted by UKVI : No

Email Received : 14-09-2018 Email received it state that the application has not been Straightforward and we still working on it try to make decision as soon as possible.

Contact to UKVI : 18-10-2018 I called to UKVI for update my Application and they said decision hasn’t been made on your application yet and your case has been escalated and you will be contacted in 14 working days.

(I am British citizen and I have applied for my wife visa 4 months ago. I do 2 jobs one is Director of the Limited company in which I am doing IT contracting and the other job is on weekend and its on Payee…For Financial requirement I have showed 23 Thousand for last year from both the jobs. For self-employed I have completed and submitted all the documents and FM-SE and Appendix FM and from Payee job I have attached all the last 12 months salary slips.

Its been almost 4 months now I haven’t heard anything from them. I have contacted MP and asked her to contact Home Office in this matter and she said she will email and she will receive reply in 4 weeks’ time. I have called Home Office at rate of £1.37 per minute and they said case has been escalated and you will receive reply in 14 working days.

Can you guys please help me out what to do more to chase the visa as I can see on this timeline the applicant who has submitted case in June or July or even august they got the visa. Its so stressful

Decision made on :

Contacted with 'decision made' :

Contacted for Collection :

Collection made:

Decision of Application :

spreekhan

Re: Spouse visa waiting time 4 months

Post by spreekhan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 am

This post is belongs to my friend

Blighty
United Kingdom

Post by Blighty » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:22 am

spreekhan wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 am
Urgent Please share your Experience:
Can you guys please help me out what to do more to chase the visa as I can see on this timeline the applicant who has submitted case in June or July or even august they got the visa. Its so stressful
My wife had her biometrics on 31/05/18 in Kiev, Ukraine for non-priority spouse visa and is still waiting. Today is 105 bd since biometrics for her application. It just takes time for all the checks. especially as my wife has been previously married.

To contact UKVI by telephone call them to escalate on +44 203 481 1736 (Monday-Friday) at £1.37 per minute, or email them for £5.48 via https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

There is probably a backlog of non-priority applications together with insufficient staff numbers. Other forums are reporting waiting times over 100 days.

asingh42
United Kingdom

Post by asingh42 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:28 am

I am in the same boat as I have applied for my wife with biometrics being submitted on 09th May 2018. I have escalated 3 times already and now have involved my MP but don't see any progress. In the last email I received directly from shieffield they suggested they will expadite my case but have no such hope.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:36 am

Can members please post 'still waiting' queries in the existing 'still waiting' topic we already have to avoid this one (once again) becoming a duplicate.

immigration-for-family-members/still-wa ... -4820.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.