ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for UK born EU citizen child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vabli2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

British Citizenship for UK born EU citizen child

Post by Vabli2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi

I am a citizen of Netherlands, living in UK since 2008 and obtained my PR status just now. My child was born in 2008 in UK and still living here with me since then.

My question is; Since I have obtained PR document now, can my child apply for British passport straight away or does he have to apply for British naturalisation application at first? If he needs to apply for the naturalisation application first, can he do that instantly or does he have to do it along with me on time after 1 year from the date of my PR status?

will be very thankful for kind assistance.

sebgei
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: British Citizenship for UK born EU citizen child

Post by sebgei » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi,

We recently applied for citizenship for our entire family (EU and EEA, 2 kids, one born in the UK the other in an EEA country). We first got the Document Certifying Permanent Recidency (DCRP) before applying for citizenship (still waiting on the outcome on the latter).

Having permanent residency was recommended by the immigration LAWYER who we asked to check our DCRP applications and citizenship applications . I cannot recall though if it is a legal requirement but as we had to apply for DCRPs anyway for ourselves we got them for the kids too. I think the MN1 guide book and forms state what you need?

Good luck!