ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for spouse - please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rodelaakash

Application for spouse - please help

Post by rodelaakash » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:45 pm

I want to bring my wife from Bangladesh. We got married in July and I left Bangladesh on 12 August. Since then we are communicating only on Facebook Messenger. A little bit about us:

Me: I am British by naturalization. Currently working full time and my basic salary is 27000 per annum. This is my second marriage. I have been divorced since December. But only reported to Home Office about the divorce in June. My Ex-wife left the UK and living in Bangladesh since April, 2017.

My wife: My current wife is a Dentist by profession. She has done her Graduation in English. She has been a practicing dentist for 5 years.

Now my questions are:

1. Does she need to take a English Language test even though she has done her degree in English? If she needs what is the name of the test?

2. What documents do I need to submit for our continuous relationship? Our marriage was very simply and only a handful of people were invited. We haven't been to anywhere apart from some of our relatives house as I was sick most of the time I stayed in Bangladesh. So, we can only submit screenshots of messenger and some picture of our marriage and post marriage pictures with our relatives. Will these be enough?

3. Apart from documents for my financial requirements, English test and our relationship, do we need to submit any other document? If we need, what are those documents?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Application for spouse - please help

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:59 am

Most importantly when was your Divorce decree issued?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi.

It was in December 2017. Thank you

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:41 pm

1 - Sit and pass IELTS Life Skills A1
2 - It's ok, they just want to see that you have met in person and have stayed in touch. Few screenshots of chat logs per week is fine.
3 - TB Certificate, Divorce Decree and make sure Marriage certificate is translated from Bangla to English and submit both are few documents that I can think of.

If you provide a list of docs you already have maybe we can give input on what your missing.

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Thank you for your reply.

What is TB certificate?

Currently I have

Contract from employer
Letter from employer confirming employment status
Wage slips
Bank statements

New tenancy contract on my name
Letter from agency confirming she can stay with me

I will send the latest bank statement once my wife takes the English test

Thank you once again

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:17 pm

TB certificate is required for applicants travelling from Bangladesh to show they are free from TB.

Every application is unique but your looking at documents such as:

* Employment Letter
* 6 Months Pay Slips if applying under CAT A
* 6 Months Bank Statements if applying under CAT A
* Letter from landlord to say no objection to wife living in property
* Recent Utility Bill
* Property Inspection Report
* Origianl Marriage Certificate
* Marriage Certificate (Translated From Bangla To English)
* Chat/call Logs covering Relationship
* Pictures Together at wedding and during stay in Bangladesh
* Flight tickets and present receipts
* Wedding Invitation card etc
* TB Certificate
* IELTS A1 Life Skill Pass Certificate

Make sure financial documents are not older than 28 days from when you applied.

InshaAllah goes well for you

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi

Thank you for the information. Can she carry out the TB test from anywhere or there is a specific diagnostic centre which they accept. Thank you once again.

Kind regards

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Is she from Sylhet or Dhaka

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Dhaka

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Must only be from the approved centre by UKVI:

Migration Health Assessment Clinic
Ground & First Floors
House: 13/A
Road: 136
Gulshan-1
Dhaka 1212

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bangladesh

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi

Thank you for all the advice. We have got all the documents now apart from My wife's English test.

We have couple more questions. We will remain grateful if you could reply to these questions.

1. Can we submit documents both in Bangladesh and in the UK? If we can submit in the UK, where do I need to submit all the documents? Can I complete the application on my wife's behalf?

2. I guess we need to submit papers in VFS global if we apply from Bangladesh. Please correct me if I am wrong.

3. I want to bring her as soon as possible. So which place is quicker in term of visa processing?

4. Do they charge same amount to apply?

Thank you once again for your help.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:56 am

1. NO, only send from one place. Yes, you can do the form in her behalf and digitally sign it at the end the her name.

2. You dont apply from Bangladesh they are just a fancy looking centre who just take the biometrics. All applications are submitted to UK Sheffield.

3. What do you mean which place is faster?

4. ??

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi

Thank you very much for your advice.

I thought we could apply either from Bangladesh or from here in the UK. The last time someone I know came from Bangladesh informed me that she submitted papers in Bangladesh. But the papers were sent to India for checking before the visa was processed.

Someone told me that I can also submit the application here in the UK with all supporting documents. Hence, I thought I should seek your advise on which location is better in terms of application processing time.

Moreover, my wife has been to VFS global office last month where someone (eager to help in exchange of money) informed her that we can submit all the papers from Bangladesh and it would take a maximum period of 14 days to process the application.

As I got little confused I wanted to ask for your highly appreciated advice before applying.

1. Could you please advise what is the title of application form that need to be used

2. My wife's English test is on 21st October. Apart from that we have all other documents. What do we need to submit as proof of her passing the exam? If I submit from here and Home Office require original certificate confirming her result, it might delay the application further (As she needs to send the original through post). Please advise if I can use a scanned copy of her result sheet or wait for the original?

Thank you

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:43 am

All settlement application are dealt with in Sheffield UK. Previously used to be done in British High Commission in Dhaka, but alot of diplomatic staff were accused of taking bribery and gave out visas.

Do not listen to heresay of other people about how the visa is issued from India that is all false and used to be the case few years ago.

You can either send all your documents to your wife in Dhaka, then she add her documents and then can get it scanned at the VFS (who scan it to Sheffield), you can also get the VFS to post your bundle to Sheffield UK.

The other option is your wife sends you all her documents (including original English certificate IELTS Life Skills A1) to UK and you add your stuff and then send bundle to Sheffield.

Option 3 is the best.

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi

Thank you very much for all your advice. After a lot of discussion, my wife has decided to submit application from Bangladesh.

1. Could you please advise which application to use? I thought wee need to use FLR(M). Is it the correct application form?

2. Someone advised that we need to attach our marriage certificate from Law ministry and Foreign Affairs ministry? Is it correct?

3. Do we need to submit duplicates of all the paperwork that we submit?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 pm

rodelaakash wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:37 pm
Hi

Thank you very much for all your advice. After a lot of discussion, my wife has decided to submit application from Bangladesh.

1. Could you please advise which application to use? I thought wee need to use FLR(M). Is it the correct application form?

2. Someone advised that we need to attach our marriage certificate from Law ministry and Foreign Affairs ministry? Is it correct?

3. Do we need to submit duplicates of all the paperwork that we submit?

Thank you in advance for all your help.
1. No it is not. Flr M is for extension of spouse visas withing the UK. For applications from abroad, she needs VAF4A and Appendix 2.

2. You need a marriage cert yes.

3. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

For application form, the only VAF4A form that I have found, says "Family settlement application form VAF4A (for North Korea only)". Is this the form that we need?

For point 2, we were advised by one of our friends to submit a verified copy (verified by Ministry of Law and Foreign Affairs) of our Marriage certificate along with the original one. Is it correct? Just to let you know, she would apply from Bangladesh.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 pm

VAF4A is an Online form. You don't use the paper form as you are no applying from North Korea.

Appendix 2 is a paper form.

Original marriage cert and ifficial translation is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:16 am

Hi

Thank you for your response. As my wife would submit all the paperwork from Bangladesh and I am sending all of my paperwork to her. I am sending all the original documents to her apart from my passport. Would I just send a photo copy of my passport to her or send photo copy of passport to her and original to Sheffield home office?

Thank you for your help once again.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:39 am

If it's British Passport then just a photocopy of the Bio-Page. No need to send passport at all to Sheffield.

Make sure only one complete support document bundle goes to Sheffield from wife and nothing from you.

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi

Thank you once again for your advice. I am trying to find the most suitable application VAF4A online through Vis4UK website. The selection that I have chosen are:

Reason for Visit: Settlement (Although this is her first time coming here in the UK)
Visa Type: Settlement
Visa Sub Type: Wife

Are these the correct selections?

Please could you let me know. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm

rodelaakash wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:38 pm
Hi

Thank you once again for your advice. I am trying to find the most suitable application VAF4A online through Vis4UK website. The selection that I have chosen are:

Reason for Visit: Settlement (Although this is her first time coming here in the UK)
Visa Type: Settlement
Visa Sub Type: Wife

Are these the correct selections?

Please could you let me know. Thank you
Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi

Thank you for your quick response. How do we answer the below question:

How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

We have answered as "Indefinitely".

Is it the correct answer?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:15 pm

rodelaakash wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:09 pm
Hi

Thank you for your quick response. How do we answer the below question:

How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

We have answered as "Indefinitely".

Is it the correct answer?

Thank you.
Yes, that is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rodelaakash

Post by rodelaakash » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:18 pm

Hi

Thank you once again.

The application has directed me to pay for Immigration health surcharge for an amount of $810. Do we need to pay in now or need to pay the total payable amount at the application submission centre in Dhaka, Bangladesh?

Could you please advise?

Thank you