ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documets to submit for PBS dependant of Primary who was divorced

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

truth seeker
Newly Registered
India

Documets to submit for PBS dependant of Primary who was divorced

Post by truth seeker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi, I am the Primary applicant on tier 2 general visa of 5 years.
1. My ex-wife and I had applied together 2.7 years back (April 2016) and entered the UK.

2. The relationship broke down and my ex-wife left the UK after 2 months never to return.

3. After a year of living apart we mutually decided to divorce and went for Mutually Consented Divorce.

4. The divorce proceeding took 6 months and the final decree was handed by the Indian Court on Feb 2018. I was obviously there for the divorce and the same month after my divorce I met a woman in India and started dating and both our families knew this.

5. (a) Then I returned to the UK and we continued dating. In the meanwhile I duly completed the CoC (change of circumstances) form and informed the Sheffield office via post about the Divorce and gave them the copy of the divorce decree. I did not hear anything back which I think is OK as it does not state anywhere that I should get a response from them. Here's the CoC form for e.g.,: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp

5 (b) After a while we decided to get married and our families were also involved - so it was more of an arranged marriage. Went back to India 7mths later and got married.

6. Applied for the PBS Dependant visa for her which got refused as we (due to inexperience) only submitted the Marriage Certificate. But now after reading this forum we came to know that we need to submit call logs, tickets etc., to prove genuine and subsisting relationship.

7. After huge loss of money in the previous visa attempt, we are submitting a lot more documentations as we have plenty of them.

My Question is: Does she have to submit that I (the primary applicant) is a Divorcee with a legally valid divorce decree ? What documentations does she have to include with her application for this ?

Or is that not necessary ?

truth seeker
Newly Registered
India

Re: Documets to submit for PBS dependant of Primary who was divorced

Post by truth seeker » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:47 am

Sorry, we are going to submit our application in 2 days, can anyone kindly pitch in

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documets to submit for PBS dependant of Primary who was divorced

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:48 am

Just your divorce decree to prove you were free to remarry etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.