ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Settlement Visa - Non-Priority Applied from Hong Kong

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barbledell
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

UK Spouse Settlement Visa - Non-Priority Applied from Hong Kong

Post by barbledell » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:06 am

Hi Everone

I just wanted to share my experience (still experiencing) with regards to my spouse application to the UK. I know there are a lot boards about this, but I cannot find a board where the applicant is from Hong Kong and non-priority.

Timeline:
Date of application submitted online: 07 May 2018 (this includes the payment of IHS and visa fee)
Date of biometrics taken at the VFS centre: 11 May 2018
Date documents received by Sheffield: 15 May 2018
Date acknowledged by Sheffield: 14 Jun 2018 (they said it is being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer)
Date Sheffield asked for a prepaid self-addressed envelope from my husband (the Sponsor): 30 Jun 2018
Date my husband documents received back from Sheffield: 6 Jul 2018
BF Date according to the document checklist they returned: 23 Jul 2018

Inside the envelope was an undated letter from UK Visas and Immigration stating that no further action is required and that I will be contacted if they need anything else.

So far no message yet. I am now day 58 from my biometrics date (this is only workdays Mon-Fri, excluding weekends and UK public holidays) and was told that decisions are made within 60 working days.

I have emailed them via the UK government website for a small fee, and they said my application is waiting a decision and that they have escalated my query (31 Jul 2018) and should hear within 15 working days.

I presume not hearing from them so far to ask me or my husband for further documents is a positive thing?

What are your thoughts? Should I be worried?

sevendust12

Re: UK Spouse Settlement Visa - Non-Priority Applied from Hong Kong

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:41 am

barbledell wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:06 am
Hi Everone

I just wanted to share my experience (still experiencing) with regards to my spouse application to the UK. I know there are a lot boards about this, but I cannot find a board where the applicant is from Hong Kong and non-priority.

Timeline:
Date of application submitted online: 07 May 2018 (this includes the payment of IHS and visa fee)
Date of biometrics taken at the VFS centre: 11 May 2018
Date documents received by Sheffield: 15 May 2018
Date acknowledged by Sheffield: 14 Jun 2018 (they said it is being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer)
Date Sheffield asked for a prepaid self-addressed envelope from my husband (the Sponsor): 30 Jun 2018
Date my husband documents received back from Sheffield: 6 Jul 2018
BF Date according to the document checklist they returned: 23 Jul 2018

Inside the envelope was an undated letter from UK Visas and Immigration stating that no further action is required and that I will be contacted if they need anything else.

So far no message yet. I am now day 58 from my biometrics date (this is only workdays Mon-Fri, excluding weekends and UK public holidays) and was told that decisions are made within 60 working days.

I have emailed them via the UK government website for a small fee, and they said my application is waiting a decision and that they have escalated my query (31 Jul 2018) and should hear within 15 working days.

I presume not hearing from them so far to ask me or my husband for further documents is a positive thing?

What are your thoughts? Should I be worried?
Hi there,

I’m in the same boat as you, my wife applied from Hong Kong and did her biometrics on May 16 and today is the 56th business day. Last we checked, it’s still awaiting decision and I’m getting anxious as I hope it doesn’t take too long for them to make a decision.

I think it’s best to wait and see what happens after the 60 business days is up. From reading the forums, a few people got their visas just before 60 days or a week or two after. However there are also those that’s been waiting for awhile.

Keep us updated if you get any news. Good luck and I hope your visa gets approved soon.

lalasmilehappy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Settlement Visa - Non-Priority Applied from Hong Kong

Post by lalasmilehappy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:45 am

Hi barbledell and sevendust12

Would you mind to share the update? Many thanks!