ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment history - how to summarise past self-employment?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beckydee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Employment history - how to summarise past self-employment?

Post by beckydee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi there,

I asked this question elsewhere but haven't had a response yet.
I will shortly be applying through 5yr + 1yr ILR (Ancestry) route, non-EEA, using the NDRS+JCAP service.

I have a question regarding the employment history section of the application.

I was self employed until 2 years ago, first as a sole trader and then as a director of a limited company (dissolved in Dec '17). I have been employed by one company for the past 2 years, so I am wondering if I add one other item covering self employment for the rest of my time in the UK, or split the self employment period into 2: sole trader and limited company activities.

The lines are a little blurred because I did take some freelance work that was paid PAYE even while I was a director of my LTD, and did a small amount of freelance work through my LTD after commencing my current employment, so the timeline isn't exactly linear. My tax affairs are all in order, my only concern is about how best to summarise this for the application.
Anyone??

british-citizenship/general-discussion- ... l#p1696636