ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very confused - Category A or B?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Very confused - Category A or B?

Post by EastLondoner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi all,
My wife is in the final stages of putting our application together, but we are having a bit of bother with appendix 2.

I have been in full time, permanent employment for 4 years - always earning above the required amount - however I get a pay rise each August/September.

Because of this I am unsure how to answer 3.12 - should it be Yes, as I have been with the same sponsor for more than 6 months, or No as my earnings were previously slightly lower than what I am currently earning (which I have entered in 3.11)

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above, continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)

If I answer No to the above question it then seems to imply that I am Category B

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application? (Category B)

However I don't fit this either as I have always been with the same employer - without working anywhere else

So my question is - do I tick Yes or No to question 3.12?

If No, should I also answer No for 3.13 - and then simply add up my previous 12 months payslips and add the amount in 3.20 as requested?

Sorry, this is probably a daft question - but my brain is currently frazzled with all the stress the whole process is causing!

Thanks all!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Very confused - Category A or B?

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:28 am

You are CAT A. You put down whatever the salary rate was (before or after rise) in the 6 months worth of payslips and bank statements you are relying on. This is the figure you are basing everything on.

Any rise in salary within the 6 months you are relying on should be confirmed in the employer letter.

For example - Ahmed's salary is 21k, but in Sept 2018 it raised to 22k. Ahmed will be submitting application in January 2019. He is therefore relying on the old salary of 21k as new salary hasnt passed 6 months. Ahmed then submits payslips covering August to Jan and also bank statements covering similar period, he also includes employers letter confirming his wage rise.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 am

EastLondoner wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:23 pm
Hi all,
My wife is in the final stages of putting our application together, but we are having a bit of bother with appendix 2.

I have been in full time, permanent employment for 4 years - always earning above the required amount - however I get a pay rise each August/September.

Because of this I am unsure how to answer 3.12 - should it be Yes, as I have been with the same sponsor for more than 6 months, or No as my earnings were previously slightly lower than what I am currently earning (which I have entered in 3.11)

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above, continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)

If I answer No to the above question it then seems to imply that I am Category B

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application? (Category B)

However I don't fit this either as I have always been with the same employer - without working anywhere else

So my question is - do I tick Yes or No to question 3.12?

If No, should I also answer No for 3.13 - and then simply add up my previous 12 months payslips and add the amount in 3.20 as requested?

Sorry, this is probably a daft question - but my brain is currently frazzled with all the stress the whole process is causing!

Thanks all!
Even if your present salary has been increased in near past but still you were earning at least £18600 then reply yes at 3.12 and then ignore all other questions till 3.21
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Post by EastLondoner » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:46 pm

Thank you both!