ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple Visit visa for 6 months, 1, 2, 5 and 10 years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAA

Multiple Visit visa for 6 months, 1, 2, 5 and 10 years

Post by SAA » Mon May 26, 2008 9:57 pm

Hello everybody,

I am a bit confused. I want to invite my mum to the UK. She has never been here before. We cannot manage what period it is better to apply for. I would like to make it for at least 1 year but scared she will be refused and just lose her money. Who knows the criterias to get a multiple visit entry for more than 6 months.

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Mon May 26, 2008 11:13 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... f2visitors

How long will my visa be valid for?
With a visit visa you can usually enter and leave the UK any number of times while the visa is still valid. You cannot stay for longer than six months on each visit. Visit visas can be valid for six months, one year, two years, five years or 10 years. You can apply for a visa valid for any of these periods. The Entry Clearance Officer may decide to make your visa valid for a shorter time than you have asked for, for example if you are not a regular traveller or have never visited the UK before.

Unable to point you to the link which says as guidance info.
a) If travelling to UK for the first time in Visit visa .. then apply for 6 months visa
b) Second time travel apply for 1 or 2 yrs multiple entry visa

I suppose someone can point you the URL in this regard.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 27, 2008 12:52 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.