ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abroad during appeal/review (EU4)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Capricorn
Ireland

Travelling abroad during appeal/review (EU4)

Post by Capricorn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi

I wanted to know if there is any restriction in travelling abroad if one's application is under review (appeal). If so do we need to inform the dept? and how long can one stay abroad?

Thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Travelling abroad during appeal/review (EU4)

Post by max307 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:00 pm

Capricorn wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:30 pm
Hi

I wanted to know if there is any restriction in travelling abroad if one's application is under review (appeal). If so do we need to inform the dept? and how long can one stay abroad?

Thanks
Do you currently have a valid reentry visa and permission to remain in the country? I wouldn't risk it but obviously that's your personal decision at the end of the day.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Capricorn
Ireland

Post by Capricorn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 pm

Yes, have received the temp perm extension and now awaiting re-entry stamp

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Capricorn wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 pm
Then yes, you can travel as soon as you have a reentry visa stamped on your passport but make sure you come back before the reentry visa expires otherwise you won't be allowed in.

Also ensure that someone is looking after your mail in case INIS needs something from you while you are out of the country.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Capricorn
Ireland

Post by Capricorn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:34 pm

max307 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Capricorn wrote:
Then yes, you can travel as soon as you have a reentry visa stamped on your passport but make sure you come back before the reentry visa expires otherwise you won't be allowed in.

Also ensure that someone is looking after your mail in case INIS needs something from you while you are out of the country.
So my original question was - Do I need to let EUTR team know that I am going abroad? and what is the max period that I can stay outside? I read somewhere about informing them if staying outside for more than 2 weeks hence the question

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Capricorn wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:34 pm
max307 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Capricorn wrote:

So my original question was - Do I need to let EUTR team know that I am going abroad? and what is the max period that I can stay outside? I read somewhere about informing them if staying outside for more than 2 weeks hence the question
I haven't heard of anyone needing to notify EUTR of foreign travel or a limit on the time one can travel.