ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refusal for Calgary, Alberta on grounds of....

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hernancortes

Visa refusal for Calgary, Alberta on grounds of....

Post by Hernancortes » Fri May 23, 2008 10:14 am

2 indictable offences. My friend was applying for a visa to Calgary to work in the booming construction sites there. He has 2 convictions for theft and drink driving in his native Germany. The last oofence was in 2004 ( drink driving) and no custodial sentence was imposed.
The Canadian embassy in Berlin refused to grant a visa on the grounds of the 2 indictable offences -in Canda- and even suggested that he should not even attempt to visit the country.

Are there any grounds for appeal? After all, my friend has not reoffended since his last arrest in 2004.
I tghe appeals process similar to the one in the UK?

TRV

Post by TRV » Sun May 25, 2008 10:12 am

well, if your "friend" can prove that he can keep his hands to himself rather than putting it in other's pocket, for couple of years, then he might have a chance.

There is no right justification for being a thief, your "friend" is a grown up isn't he?

Spark
- thin ice -

Post by Spark » Mon May 26, 2008 11:20 pm

The Canadians were right to refuse him, I wouldn't want your "friend" in my country either.
We make holes in the teeth
We make holes in the teeth.

Hernancortes

Post by Hernancortes » Wed May 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Blimey, what happened to rehabilitation and learning from mistakes?
Thanks for your replies anyway.

TRV

Post by TRV » Thu May 29, 2008 1:40 pm

learning from mistakes? well, then your friend have to wait for his turn...when canadian immigration have finished approving all people applied to move in to canada with no convictions etc., and left with no body to take in..they might look for people with forgivable conviction..but then again, people with one conviction gets the first go..your friend have to wait until they are down to selecting two conviction applicants....