ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Eu Marrying an Eu citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mickyarams
Newly Registered

Non Eu Marrying an Eu citizen

Post by mickyarams » Mon May 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi,
I came to the uk as a work permit dependant of my Dad in 2003,at the time, I was 17 years old.As soon as I turned 18, my family tried to apply for a permanent residence, because my Dad had been living in the country for over 5years,but our application was refused and we've been apealing and reapplying since then.I'm 22 years old now with a bulgarian girl freind,we're also expecting a baby in less than a month.We are thinking of getting married and I will like you guys to advise me on what to do, and to tell me what my rights are.
Thanks in advance.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon May 26, 2008 6:23 pm

Find an immigration lawyer to see what rights you may have (under EEA rules) if you marry your Bulgarian girlfriend.

Spark
- thin ice -

Post by Spark » Mon May 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Bulgarians do not get full rights in Britain though and you need to be a citizen to sponsor a spouse or financee so I'm not altogether sure what difference it would make to the UK government.
We make holes in the teeth
We make holes in the teeth.

ihcarak
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP

Post by ihcarak » Tue May 27, 2008 8:08 pm

HI ALL

My wife is from lithuania and we live in dublin we got married in may 2006
and is that posible if my wife moved in london and i can apply my spouse visa from my home country (i am not from eu country and over stay in ireland) PLEASE HELP ME
THANKS