ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family permit via surrender singh clarification

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirst2018
Newly Registered
Greece

eea family permit via surrender singh clarification

Post by kirst2018 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:13 pm

im very sorry if this has been posted 1 million times before but i want to be 100% sure the information i receive is correct for our circumstances.

so ill start at the beginning.
i am English with a British passport
i moved to Greece last July (September on resident paper and work paper since march this year)
i met my now fiance (due to get married in the next few weeks)
he is Albanian and has lived, studied and worked in Greece legally with all the correct paperwork (not citizenship but 10 year permits) since the age of 10.

we want to apply for the eea family permit via the singh route. as i wish to continue my university course and both earn better money.
now, from what i have read we have all the correct documents (once we hold our marriage certificate)
and all we need to do is apply to the embassy in athens to give them the documentation.. wait 15 days and its them issued (in theory)

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG!

the documents we will be providing are as follows:
    marriage certificate
    our joint tenancy agreement dated march 18
    my residence permit (dated for the next 5 years)
    both of our work contracts (we work seasonal 5 months of the year)
    a letter from his employer stating that is his work place
    both of our tax bills and credits earned.
    both of our bank statements
    his Albanian birth certificate (with apostille)
    a letter from the mayor to say i am a resident and live and work in Greece
    (im unsure if we NEED anything else) please advise if you know!

im a little confused as ive read so much if we need to apply for a biometric card before or during the proccess or if atall?!

also: im reading he will need a certificate/ residence permit to prove his right to live and work and it is £65.. when and how do we apply for this please - in the most simplest of terms as this is really confusing me..

thank you for reading and hope someone can help.
    regards,
    kirst