ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!! No more paper applications!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magicvoice
Newly Registered
United States of America

HELP!!! No more paper applications!

Post by magicvoice » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:10 am

As of today 1st November, the paper application for ILR (I'm Set M) is no longer available on the Government's website. It says all applicants must now apply online. I have already booked my in-person PEO appointment for 14th November. I've already printed and filled out my application and paid. Do I just take it along as I would normally or do I now apply online an then go to the appointment? There is zero guidance anywhere and I will not call as I'm 100% sure that none of the people there will know anything either. ANY info on this change is greatly appreciated as I'm only 14 days away from doing this! Many Thanks in advance.

ilovethebeatles
United Kingdom

Re: HELP!!! No more paper applications!

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 am

For the period between until 29th November, from reading their guidance, it says you can choose to use the existing one or new one. So, I guess you can use your existing paper application.

magicvoice
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by magicvoice » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:29 am

Okay, thanks. The main problem here is that I now have no way of knowing if I will now be submitting the correct application. I had the latest version downloaded/printed. It hasn't changed since 7/2018 but if there is a newer version, I will no longer have access to the paper version and they could potentially refuse me on the basis of not submitting the latest version.

magicvoice
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by magicvoice » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:32 am

Could you post a link to where you saw that guidance re: November 29th? I can't see that anywhere on the website.

ilovethebeatles
United Kingdom

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:36 am

Some other threads have mentioned this, for example this one: indefinite-leave-to-remain/is-premium-s ... 66807.html

abva
Newly Registered
India

Post by abva » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi magicvoice,

Please can you share the pdf form (the July 2018) version?
We have an appointment for next week and I was about to download the form today and can't find it.

abva
Newly Registered
India

Post by abva » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:19 pm

magicvoice wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:10 am
As of today 1st November, the paper application for ILR (I'm Set M) is no longer available on the Government's website. It says all applicants must now apply online. I have already booked my in-person PEO appointment for 14th November. I've already printed and filled out my application and paid. Do I just take it along as I would normally or do I now apply online an then go to the appointment? There is zero guidance anywhere and I will not call as I'm 100% sure that none of the people there will know anything either. ANY info on this change is greatly appreciated as I'm only 14 days away from doing this! Many Thanks in advance.
Please can you email a copy of the blank application form for SET(M) 07/2018 version? We have the appointment next week and I can't find the downloaded pdf on my computer anymore! I can provide an email address.

Thanks!

abva
Newly Registered
India

Post by abva » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:35 pm

my email is email address removed by moserator
Please help!

karar123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by karar123 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:02 pm

I am in the same problem. I called home office today and they have advised me that I should be able to attend my appointment on 14th. Dont know I am in a dilemma. The date of the application is actually the date when you attend the appointment date, not when we book. It is clearly written that from 01.11.18, paper form for SETO cant be used. Should I take risk? If I cancel and redo the whole thing again, I will hve to make new appointment and possibly I might not get one before my current visa runs out. Its fully booked for next 45 days. Any help please.

karar123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by karar123 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:13 pm

magicvoice wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:32 am
Could you post a link to where you saw that guidance re: November 29th? I can't see that anywhere on the website.
What are you doing please?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Archived paper forms.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:37 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:17 pm
Archived paper forms.
Great help Vinny. You are a star.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors