ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vary Tier1 Entrepreneur Extension to ILR LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vasann

Help Needed for Team application through Share Capital

Post by vasann » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Hi All,

I request to this group and Gurus especially Zimba to help me in regards to my team extension application which is due in 10 days time.

Our team has got initial application granted by the way of Share capital investment.As now we are going to extension,I am bit confused on what docs to be submitted as Majority of people have invested by the way of Director Loan method.

Could you please suggest what docs need to be submitted in case of share capital. All inputs are very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help Needed for Team application through Share Capital

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Depends. If you proved investment initially and got points for it, no need to prove it again
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:04 am

zimba88 wrote:Depends. If you proved investment initially and got points for it, no need to prove it again
Zimba, I am confused here. Share capital is a method of injecting capital, you invest cash, get shares in return. It does not necessarily mean you invested prior to receiving your t1e visa. Another method is DL (did I understand share capital correctly?)

If you did not invest prior to the visa (but shared your intentions in the BP/application that you mean to do it by share capital) and then decided to invest in a different method, I do not see why this should be an issue atall? (maybe worth a mention in cover letter "while I intended to invest via share capital, due to XX XX XX DL is a better system for my company)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:04 am

There is no such a thing as 'shared your intentions' initially. You either show you have access to the funds OR you you show that you invested them in the company already (via DL/ or allocated Share). You must send company accounts showing you have 50K/200K worth of shares under your name.
If you invested the funds and got the points during your initial visa, you do not need to prove investment again.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:07 am

zimba88 wrote:There is no such a thing as 'shared your intentions' initially. You either show you have access to the funds OR you you show that you invested them in the company already (via DL/ or allocated Share). You must send company accounts showing you have 50K/200K worth of shares under your name.
If you invested the funds and got the points during your initial visa, you do not need to prove investment again.
Got it. Twice in the last few days we have curious case where it seems something has gone awry on this. Someone invested via share capital (but never actually injected capital, it seems) and this case, if they already did share capital investment pre-visa, how did a DL come to be?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Many got their visa initially by switching. They already were running an active business on Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur, PSW visa or Tier 4 visa.
You can inject cash as a loan to your business or swap money for shares in your own business.

vasann

Post by vasann » Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 pm

Thanks Zimba and seasky for your valuable comments.

vasann

Vary Tier1 Entrepreneur Extension to ILR LR

Post by vasann » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Hi All,

At present we are waiting for the results of Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension.(50k Share Capital Team application)

Time line below:

We had interview initial application(Team 50k share capital) in 2014.
We applied Extension 2017 April,
Biometrics given May 2nd week,
Complex letter recived May 4th week,
IHS Refund December 2017,My patner got refund January 2018
Interview cal 1st week Feb 2018
had Interview 2nd week Feb 2018.

I am eligible for 10 Year long residence route September 17th 2018.I came to the UK on Oct 15th 2008.My Partner will be eligible for ILR in Jan 2019.

if our current visa decision still pending till September 17th 2018,my partner would like to apply for tier 1 Extension application on the same day when I make application for ILR.My partner wants to be the 100% Share holder before applying for his Tier 1 Extension application.My partner would like to transfer 50% share amount to my personal account(25000).

If we do as mentioned above,I will have 0% shares on my name and will only be the director of the company.

below are my questions, I will be grateful if any one could suggest.

1.Can I work for my company ?

2.Will this cause any problem to my ILR application Process?

3.I will enclose below documents for ILR application.

filled SET(LR) form
all passports photo copies
LIFUT test orginal
degree certificate photo copies
2 photos
Covering letter

4. Are this documents sufficient for ILR application

5.Do I need to notify that Tier1 application case worker team that I am varying to ILR.

6.Should my wife apply for FLR(M)along with me or should she wait until my ILR result comes?

Thanks in advance.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Vary Tier1 Entrepreneur Extension to ILR LR

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:56 am

vasann wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 pm
Hi All,

At present we are waiting for the results of Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension.(50k Share Capital Team application)

Time line below:

We had interview initial application(Team 50k share capital) in 2014.
Complex letter recived May 4th week,
IHS Refund December 2017,My patner got refund January 2018

I am eligible for 10 Year long residence route September 17th 2018.I came to the UK on Oct 15th 2008.My Partner will be eligible for ILR in Jan 2019.

if our current visa decision still pending till September 17th 2018,my partner would like to apply for tier 1 Extension application on the same day when I make application for ILR.My partner wants to be the 100% Share holder before applying for his Tier 1 Extension application.My partner would like to transfer 50% share amount to my personal account(25000).
I don't understand this. Has your partner not applied for the extension at the same time as you ?
vasann wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 pm

If we do as mentioned above,I will have 0% shares on my name and will only be the director of the company.

1.Can I work for my company ? ==> Yes

2.Will this cause any problem to my ILR application Process? ==> Yes, if you make the change before you get your ILR. Your T1E only allows you to work for your own company

3.I will enclose below documents for ILR application.

filled SET(LR) form
all passports photo copies
LIFUT test orginal
degree certificate photo copies
2 photos
Covering letter

4. Are this documents sufficient for ILR application ==> I think so

5.Do I need to notify that Tier1 application case worker team that I am varying to ILR. ==> No. They will get informed when you vary your application

6.Should my wife apply for FLR(M)along with me or should she wait until my ILR result comes?

Thanks in advance.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vasann

Post by vasann » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi marcnath Thanks for your reply.

Q:I don't understand this. Has your partner not applied for the extension at the same time as you ?

My partner has applied for Tier 1 extension along with me in April 2017.Now again he would like to apply Tier 1 extension showing documents that he is 100% share holder because I am varying to ILR in September 2018.

Q;Will this cause any problem to my ILR application Process? ==> Yes, if you make the change before you get your ILR. Your T1E only allows you to work for your own company

Could you please clarify how this is going to affect my ILR application process.

Q:If my partner his the 100% share holder Can I still be the Director of the company?

Q:Should my wife apply for FLR(M)along with me or should she wait until my ILR result comes?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:37 pm

vasann wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Q:I don't understand this. Has your partner not applied for the extension at the same time as you ?

My partner has applied for Tier 1 extension along with me in April 2017.Now again he would like to apply Tier 1 extension showing documents that he is 100% share holder because I am varying to ILR in September 2018.
I still don't understand. If he has a pending application, he can't make another application unless he withdraws the current one. Which would make no sense. If he wants to send updated documents, he can just send those additional documents in - though I can't see why it would be needed.
vasann wrote:
Q;Will this cause any problem to my ILR application Process? ==> Yes, if you make the change before you get your ILR. Your T1E only allows you to work for your own company

Could you please clarify how this is going to affect my ILR application process.
Under T1E rules, you can only work for your own company. If you are not a director of the company and be an employee, you will be in violation of your visa and HO can curtail you T1E visa. Once you get your ILR, of course you can do whatever you want to.
vasann wrote:

Q:If my partner his the 100% share holder Can I still be the Director of the company?
Sure. It has nothing to do with immigration rules anyway.
vasann wrote:
Q:Should my wife apply for FLR(M)along with me or should she wait until my ILR result comes?
She has to send in the application at the same time or will risk becoming an overstayer. But the cover letter should mention that the application should only be considered after your ILR application is decided.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vasann

Post by vasann » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Thanks for your comments Marcnath.I appreciate your help.

I still don't understand. If he has a pending application, he can't make another application unless he withdraws the current one. Which would make no sense. If he wants to send updated documents, he can just send those additional documents in - though I can't see why it would be needed.

Some one gave wrong information to my partner.

vasann

Vary Tier1 Entrepreneur Extension to ILR LR waiting for bio metrics

Post by vasann » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi all,

First of all thanks to all board members especially gurus.

I have recently Varied Tier1 Ent Extension application to ILR(10 years long residence)on 21/Sep/2018.

Tier1 Ent Extension Time line below:

Complex letter received May 4th week,

ILR Application Time line below:

ILR application Varied 21/Sep/2018
ILR Fee deducted 27/Sep/2018
Refund previous application waiting
waiting for bio metrics

1.How long it will take to get bio metrics for varied application.
2.Is there any way to request bio metrics?
3.Once I got bio metrics Can I upgrade my application

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Vary Tier1 Entrepreneur Extension to ILR LR waiting for bio metrics

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:14 pm

vasann wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:23 pm
3.Once I got bio metrics Can I upgrade my application
The whole system is changing from 5th November, see below.

Update and Timeline of New Services (Click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.