ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help to appeal for my mother Visit Visa application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msky92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Need help to appeal for my mother Visit Visa application

Post by msky92 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 pm

I need urgent help to prepare appeal documents for my mother. My father and mother applied for C Type Family Visit Visa together as a joint application because my mum is dependent on my father. My father visa granted but my other visa got rejected due to previous UK refusal, though she had been to the UK many times but her last few visa applications were refused. Irish Embassy in Dubai highlighted previous UK refusal as major for her C Type refusal.

I need your help to reply them with a solid answer. If you need I can also share refusal letter in a direct message. Please help me!

Reasons were given by the embassy:
1. Immigration History of Applicant
2. Inconsistencies
3. OC: - Condition
4. OC: - Observe the conditions of the visa
5. VR:- Previous visa refusal(s)
6. Inco – you stated you were refused a UK visa but granted on appeal

Thanks

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Need help to appeal for my mother Visit Visa application

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:04 pm

don’t want to sound negative but i can’t see on which grounds you’ll appeal. One thing people don’t realise when applying for an Irish visa is that they share the information with the UK. So any immigration violation in the UK will be available to INIS. In this case, at the bare minimum you’d have disclosed your previous visa refusals in your original application and include documents explaining how you addressed those concerns.
I’d suggest that you submit a new application and carefully prepare the documents accordingly this time as appealing will take ages. just my opinion, hopefully senior members of this forum will give a better advice. Also, when preparing your visa application, it is always a good idea to read the weekly decisions.

msky92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by msky92 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi,
We have clearly mentioned about all visa refusals and granted. I made a list and explained each and everything. I did not hide anything from and clearly created a list of visas with dates. if i re apply for the visa I know they will come back with the same reason and it may make application more complicated. I don't mind waiting and doing in the right way.

I need help to write an appeal.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:27 pm

I agree with previous reply that you need to take your time, analyse the refusal and lodge a new application.

Address each refusal point using headers with full explanation and new evidence if available.

These are a few suggestions that may help

I’d suggest (if available) that you attach a copy of the actual refusals from the UK. This may give INIS clarity on the wording and reasons of refusal (though INIS can request this info from the UK why would they if this can give them (INIS) a reason to refuse). If you just type “refused for whatever reason” in your letter INIS may not consider this a satisfactory evidence.

Not sure what the inconsistencies in your case are but again make sure you take the refusal’s wording apart, analyse it and address each point raised there with evidence in a logical flow.

Have your circumstances here in Ireland changed in comparison to the one in the UK? In other words if the answer is yes you might be able to use this as a way of demonstrating to INIS your circumstances in the UK don’t really apply here in Ireland hence their reasoning of refusing may be questionable.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:52 pm

msky92 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 pm
Hi,
We have clearly mentioned about all visa refusals and granted. I made a list and explained each and everything. I did not hide anything from and clearly created a list of visas with dates. if i re apply for the visa I know they will come back with the same reason and it may make application more complicated. I don't mind waiting and doing in the right way.

There’re any things at stake here. first of all, the fact that your mother was granted UK visas in the past and was subsequently refused UK visas tells me that she didn’t observe the conditions of her UK visas. There’re 2 offences that are possible here: overstaying or recursing to public funds. Whatever the reasons, I can’t see how you’re going to fight that. The fact that in the refusal of the Irish visa, they mentioned inconsistencies in the information that you provided tells me that you didn’t properly argue your case maybe because you thought that the Irish won’t have full access to the UK refusals. As I said earlier, this is a common mistake from applicants. The information is shared with the UK as it is part of the Common Travel Agreement. If your mother has overstayed her visa in the UK, then you need to explain the reasons in your Irish visa application. If it was for medical reasons then you should provide evidence of that.
My advice to you would be to focus on the UK refusals and provide strong arguments why you can be granted an Irish visa given the circumstances. I doubt that the Irish immigration officer mistakenly found out that your mother has not observed the conditions of her UK visa. For example, it’s very easy to figure out that someone has overstayed her visa by simply looking at the flight logs at the airports.
If you have time to wait then you can appeal but if you want a quicker decision you may as well just apply again but you really have to focus on the reasons why the UK refused their visa bearing in mind that your previous application was refused for 6 reasons. Finally, it’s worth reading the weekly visa decisions published here http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Visa%20Decisions

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:33 pm

msky92 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 pm
Hi,

Apologies for my bluntness but I wouldn't spend the time or energy going for an appeal.

The visa officer had plenty of grounds to refuse your mother's visa (immigration history, inconsistencies, previous refusals, etc.) so the chances that a clerical error was made and their decision will be reversed are very unlikely in my opinion.

The good thing here is that you know exactly what aspects they had issues with so if you decide to apply again I would make sure to address those points and prepare a strong application with no inconsistencies.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:50 pm

msky92 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 pm
I need urgent help to prepare appeal documents for my mother. My father and mother applied for C Type Family Visit Visa together as a joint application because my mum is dependent on my father. My father visa granted but my other visa got rejected due to previous UK refusal, though she had been to the UK many times but her last few visa applications were refused. Irish Embassy in Dubai highlighted previous UK refusal as major for her C Type refusal.

I need your help to reply them with a solid answer. If you need I can also share refusal letter in a direct message. Please help me!

Reasons were given by the embassy:
1. Immigration History of Applicant
2. Inconsistencies
3. OC: - Condition
4. OC: - Observe the conditions of the visa
5. VR:- Previous visa refusal(s)
6. Inco – you stated you were refused a UK visa but granted on appeal

Thanks
What is your present status in Ireland?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors