ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended Family Member / Evidence to submit for EEA 2 / Help needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eubritish
United Kingdom

Extended Family Member / Evidence to submit for EEA 2 / Help needed

Post by eubritish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to gather documentary evidence that I will be submitting for the residence card application of my dependent sister. She received her EEA Family Permit (finally) and will be joining me in the UK.

She of course 'continues to be dependent' on me in the UK as she will not be working and living with me. I will be paying for all her expenses. I have searched around online to see what sort of proof I could come up with and apart from the usual, joint bank statements as I would add her to my account, electoral registration and utility bills in her name, I couldn't find anything else.

Maybe I am too stupid but I can't think of something additional either.

I do have evidence of the money transfer to her while she was in Pakistan but that would be 'dependent before coming to the UK'.

Has someone been in a similar situation or has any ideas? I would really appreciate any help.

Do you think its worth getting a solicitor?

Thanks for any ideas someone can offer.

kamoe
European Union

Re: Extended Family Member / Evidence to submit for EEA 2 / Help needed

Post by kamoe » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 pm

eubritish wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm
joint bank statements as I would add her to my account
I think this advice is mainly meant for unmarried partners, to show they are in a durable relationship akin to marriage, e.g. that they share money. I am not sure it makes sense in the case of a sibling (but I might be missing something here). Plus, being a joint account, there is no way to prove she is the one using the money, not you, so probably won't help you much.

What I would do is open a separate bank account in her name, and show evidence of regular (monthly, weekly) transfers from your account to her account, also showing this is the main account she uses for her daily expenses (so shopping, school payments, ATM withdrawals, etc. should reflect that). Seeing her account has no other income should be straightforward for the caseworker.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:49 am

kamoe wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 pm
eubritish wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm
joint bank statements as I would add her to my account
I think this advice is mainly meant for unmarried partners, to show they are in a durable relationship akin to marriage, e.g. that they share money. I am not sure it makes sense in the case of a sibling (but I might be missing something here). Plus, being a joint account, there is no way to prove she is the one using the money, not you, so probably won't help you much.

What I would do is open a separate bank account in her name, and show evidence of regular (monthly, weekly) transfers from your account to her account, also showing this is the main account she uses for her daily expenses (so shopping, school payments, ATM withdrawals, etc. should reflect that). Seeing her account has no other income should be straightforward for the caseworker.
Thanks Kamoe for your response.

What you said about joint bank account versus separate one does make sense so I will surely go that way.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:05 am

Does anyone know if having a provisional driving license is of any value to the residence card application? I wasn't aware that you have to send your passport to DVLA and it might take them 4 weeks before the return it back to you.

mamalicious187
Gibraltar

Post by mamalicious187 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:09 am

eubritish wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:05 am
Does anyone know if having a provisional driving license is of any value to the residence card application? I wasn't aware that you have to send your passport to DVLA and it might take them 4 weeks before the return it back to you.
No, it is of no tangible importance.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:27 am

mamalicious187 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:09 am
eubritish wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:05 am
No, it is of no tangible importance.
Thank you!

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:27 pm

I am thinking of compiling the below list:

- My bank statement showing the receipt of salary and transfer of money to my sister's account (2 months)
- My past payslips
- Letter from my employer
- My sister's bank statement to show money coming from my account and her expenditure (2 months)
- Electricity/Gas bill in her name
- Phone/internet + Water bill in my name
- Council tax bill in both our names
- Voter's registration confirmation for both myself and sister on our address
- NI number letter of sister showing her name and address
- Supporting letter from me that she is dependent on me + member of my household
- Cover letter from sister to the above effect
- Birth certificate of myself and sister + death certificates of both parents

Can someone please advise if the above is good enough as proof of dependency/membership of my household?

Would you recommend adding something else?

I would be grateful for any help or ideas.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Anyone?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:54 pm

Who owns this home or rented it?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:08 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:54 pm
Who owns this home or rented it?
Its mine actually (mortgaged). Not sure if that counts as 'owned' but its not rented.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 pm

That may help, but i have never had the fortune of a dependent or member of the household application for extended family member succeed on application. I have had all my successes at the tribunal, so one can provide a list and Home office will still refuse.

You can hope for the best and prepare for the worst. My advise is do your best and make sure all ends are covered, that way there can be no accusation if a JR or appeal followed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 pm
That may help, but i have never had the fortune of a dependent or member of the household application for extended family member succeed on application. I have had all my successes at the tribunal, so one can provide a list and Home office will still refuse.

You can hope for the best and prepare for the worst. My advise is do your best and make sure all ends are covered, that way there can be no accusation if a JR or appeal followed.
Thanks Obie. Not exactly what I wanted to hear :) but I understand where you are coming from. With Home Office you can never know. We are hoping to apply in January and I am guessing the 'Pre-Settled' thing would have kicked in by then as well, so maybe we will go that route.