ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry STAMP in Passport is Missing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Immigration History

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:20 pm

AjajRatra wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am
Hello All,

Should the dates mentioned in 6.2 match the letter given by the employer for 6.3?

For example: My entry date is 1 Jan 2018 and exit date is 1 Feb 2018 as recorded in the passport.
But my employer letter mentions work absence from 2 Jan 2018 to 31 Jan 2018.

Thanks again for invaluable help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.2 Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and
returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences
however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and
enclose it with your application.

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?

Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of
paid annual leave from the UK?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is your absence letter. So surely the dates you fill in the form must be the same as those in the letter of confirmation of absence issued by the employer.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Entry STAMP in Passport is Missing

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 pm

AjajRatra wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:56 pm
Thanks CR001.

I was promoted to Principal Engineer at the beginning of this year. This was done in the normal appraisal cycle. However my employer has failed to update my title/salary in SMS (Sponsorship Management System)

Even though my title and pay has changed, my responsibilities remains the same.

The question now is: Should i ask the employer to update the changes in SMS?

Please note my ILR application date is on 16th October.

I hold a TIER 2 General Visa.

By how much was your salary increased?
Ideally, the change should have been reported within 10 working days or so.
When you extended your visa, the approval letter contained your job title and salary. If you are now applying for ILR with a different job title, HO would expect to have been informed.
it is a tricky one. But the best thing might be for your sponsor to update the SMS change of circumstance saying you were promoted effective from when you were promoted and that your salary was increased from X to Y. More importantly, they need to confirm that the promotion has not changed your core responsibilities and that your SOC code remains the same (if that's the case). You will then have to pray (if you believe in prayers) that HO will not flag it, because if they do, they might audit your employer. I have seen at least one case on this forum where changes were not reported early and they were not penalised.

Were you earning the required salary for ILR before the promotion or was the new salary that made you qualify for ILR?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Your home and finances

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:41 pm

AjajRatra wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 pm
What should we answer for 5.4?
I and my wife share the house hold expenses. For example if the total house hold expense is 1000, she pays half of it - 500 to my bank account.
Should i declare this in 5.4?

5.1 Is your home in the UK:
PRIVATELY RENTED

5.2 Do you or your partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home?
YES, £ XXX

5.3 Are you working in the UK? Yes No If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?
£ XXXX

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money?
If so, how much do youreceive each month?
5.4 is referring to a regular help you or your wife or both of you might be getting from friends or relative. You and your wife sharing rent or mortgage is not counted as receiving help. If you and your wife are applying together, it might be good for both of you to submit your bank statements. The purpose of this section is to determine if you have enough income to take care or yourself and the family for the foreseeable future without relying on benefit. This is my interpretation of the question.

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration History

Post by AjajRatra » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:45 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:20 pm
AjajRatra wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am
Hello All,

Should the dates mentioned in 6.2 match the letter given by the employer for 6.3?

For example: My entry date is 1 Jan 2018 and exit date is 1 Feb 2018 as recorded in the passport.
But my employer letter mentions work absence from 2 Jan 2018 to 31 Jan 2018.

6.2 Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and
returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences
however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and
enclose it with your application.

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?

Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of
paid annual leave from the UK?
This is your absence letter. So surely the dates you fill in the form must be the same as those in the letter of confirmation of absence issued by the employer.
Thank you very much for the reply Dj. My question is - The employer wont give a absence letter based on my entry and exit points, but the days i'm in and out of the office. If the employer gives it based on my entry and exit points, wont the case worker question?

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 pm
AjajRatra wrote:
Thanks CR001.

I was promoted to Principal Engineer at the beginning of this year. This was done in the normal appraisal cycle. However my employer has failed to update my title/salary in SMS (Sponsorship Management System)

When you extended your visa, the approval letter contained your job title and salary. If you are now applying for ILR with a different job title, HO would expect to have been informed.
it is a tricky one. But the best thing might be for your sponsor to update the SMS change of circumstance saying you were promoted effective from when you were promoted and that your salary was increased from X to Y. More importantly, they need to confirm that the promotion has not changed your core responsibilities and that your SOC code remains the same (if that's the case). You will then have to pray (if you believe in prayers) that HO will not flag it, because if they do, they might audit your employer. I have seen at least one case on this forum where changes were not reported early and they were not penalised.

Were you earning the required salary for ILR before the promotion or was the new salary that made you qualify for ILR?
Thank you very much for the reply Dj. These are my details:
> I was above the ILR requirement before the pay rise.
> got a pay rise of 7%

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Your home and finances

Post by AjajRatra » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:41 pm
AjajRatra wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 pm
What should we answer for 5.4?
I and my wife share the house hold expenses. For example if the total house hold expense is 1000, she pays half of it - 500 to my bank account.
Should i declare this in 5.4?

5.1 Is your home in the UK:
PRIVATELY RENTED

5.2 Do you or your partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home?
YES, £ XXX

5.3 Are you working in the UK? Yes No If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?
£ XXXX

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money?
If so, how much do youreceive each month?
5.4 is referring to a regular help you or your wife or both of you might be getting from friends or relative. You and your wife sharing rent or mortgage is not counted as receiving help. If you and your wife are applying together, it might be good for both of you to submit your bank statements. The purpose of this section is to determine if you have enough income to take care or yourself and the family for the foreseeable future without relying on benefit. This is my interpretation of the question.
Thank you very much for the reply Dj. Your explanation nailed it :)

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:30 pm

AjajRatra wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:50 pm
Djsuccess wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 pm
AjajRatra wrote:
Thanks CR001.

Thank you very much for the reply Dj. These are my details:
> I was above the ILR requirement before the pay rise.
> got a pay rise of 7%
That's good. The fact that you were above the ILR requirement before the rise is good and shouldn't cause so much issue. However, your sponsor still need to update the SMS with your promotion

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: COS and Visa Expiry Dates

Post by AjajRatra » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Should i be concerned or indicate this piece of information in Set O Form?

My first COS was valid till 15 August 2016. Visa Expiry 15 September 2016

I got my COS extension from 15 September 2016 to 14 September 2019.

I continued to work From 15 August 2016 to 15 September 2016 as my visa was still valid. Was this ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: COS and Visa Expiry Dates

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 pm

AjajRatra wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:51 pm
Should i be concerned or indicate this piece of information in Set O Form?

My first COS was valid till 15 August 2016. Visa Expiry 15 September 2016

I got my COS extension from 15 September 2016 to 14 September 2019.

I continued to work From 15 August 2016 to 15 September 2016 as my visa was still valid. Was this ok?
You are overthinking. Your VISA was valid, no issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks CR001. Yes anxiety is ruling me now.

I have few more question. One of them was posted earlier, but maybe i wasn't clear then, so I'm asking again.

1. In the employer letter of absence, one of the entry is as follows:
To : 31 Jan 2018
Reason : Annual Leave

But my exit date and entry date in passport is is:
exit stamp date: 1 Jan 2018
entry date: 1 Feb 2018

The employer can only give the dates where i have taken leave, but not according to my entry and exit stamps on my passport. Is this ok?

2. Regarding section 5.6 in Set O form: Rate of pay for this SOC code stated in the codes of practice (hourly rate or annual salary)

Is this the right source for finding SOC code salary > https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work

For my SOC code : 2121 Civil engineers , there are two salaries mentioned in the website:
Salary rates:
New entrant: £25,700
Experienced worker: £31,600

Which one of the above should be filled in Section 5.6?

Thanks again for the help.

But my employer letter mentions work absence from 2 Jan 2018 to 31 Jan 2018.Can

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:55 pm

1. Fine. The absence table in the form is where you write your entry and exit.

2. Experienced rate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Thanks CR001. Really appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Presumably you earn what is required for ILR, i.e. at least £35,500pa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes i do.

My major doubt was in entry and exit date mismatch between employer absence letter and passport stamps. But since you its fine, i'm more relieved than ever. Thanks again

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Set O Paper From Still Valid?

Post by AjajRatra » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi,

I have an appointment next week. Is the Set O paper form still valid? Please advise.

Thanks