ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correspondence for 2 years

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niceguy1
India

Correct Form for visa extension

Post by niceguy1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi,

My wife entered UK in March 2016 under the ILR dependant visa. Her visa is valid till December 2018. I understand that the visa has to be extended for another 3 years before she can apply for ILR as well. I just had 2 queries:

a) Is the form for her extension FLR (M)?
b) Can we apply 3 months prior to date of expiry? Her visa is valid till 9 Dec, can we apply by 9 Oct by post?

Apologies if this is a repetition to someone else's post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Correct Form for visa extension

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:19 pm

I understand that the visa has to be extended for another 3 years before she can apply for ILR as well. I just had 2 queries:
It is a 2.5 year extension not a 3 year visa extension.
a) Is the form for her extension FLR (M)?
Yes.
b) Can we apply 3 months prior to date of expiry? Her visa is valid till 9 Dec, can we apply by 9 Oct by post?
What date did she enter the UK? If you apply too early, she will end up with a shortfall for ILR and will need a 3rd FLR(M) extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

niceguy1
India

Correspondence for 2 years

Post by niceguy1 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:35 pm

Hi,
My wife arrived to UK on Mar 2016 under ILR dependent visa and we are applying for an extension. I just wanted to confirm a couple of things.
1) Apart from the form FLR(M) which can be printed out, filled and sent by post, we can also complete the application online and send in the declaration and supporting documents. Is this correct?
2) Under the section where we have to show 2 years of correspondence, all we have is bank statements and letter from our employer to confirm this. We had one utility in my name, and that's it. Our bank statements and payslips show the same address. We do not have any other of the listed documents. Is this a problem? I am panicking a bit at this stage, any help would be greatly appreciated.