ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online bank statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cooperman123

Online bank statements

Post by cooperman123 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:31 pm

My wife is about to apply for her ILR. We don’t have paper bank statements so we called the bank and the bank have provided them online. They haven’t actually sent us paper copies. If we print them ourselves will they be ok? The statements have the bank logo the bank names and address they full details of our accounts all the transactions. The only difference is they haven’t been printed by the bank themselves even though they are from the bank
I was thinking about printing and taking them to the bank and ask them to stamp them but past experience they don’t like doing that.
So can someone tell me will the Home Office accept the statements as they are like that or do I still have to ask them bank to print them and send them? I really can’t tell the difference between the ones we print ourselves. Looks the same as if the bank printed them
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Online bank statements

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:38 pm

cooperman123 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:31 pm
My wife is about to apply for her ILR. We don’t have paper bank statements so we called the bank and the bank have provided them online. They haven’t actually sent us paper copies. If we print them ourselves will they be ok? The statements have the bank logo the bank names and address they full details of our accounts all the transactions. The only difference is they haven’t been printed by the bank themselves even though they are from the bank
I was thinking about printing and taking them to the bank and ask them to stamp them but past experience they don’t like doing that.
So can someone tell me will the Home Office accept the statements as they are like that or do I still have to ask them bank to print them and send them? I really can’t tell the difference between the ones we print ourselves. Looks the same as if the bank printed them
Thanks
Which bank is it?

If it is barclays, now you can print the statements via self service which has a digital stamp on the statement which is approved also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 pm

cooperman123 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:31 pm
Thanks
If you look closely the original bank statement has a bar code on top of it and some numerical numbers on the statement which the copies dont have. Also, I had an experience where I wanted to have a color copy of a barclays statement but it did not allow that. Maybe the statements are formatted that way not sure.
Having said that, I think online copies should be okay. I know banks do not like to stamp these days. But if you can get someone to stamp would be great.
Also, I think even if you call the bank for copy statements and they send you in post it will be exactly the copy like you can print it yourself.

Only if you have monthly statements switch ON by default it sends you original statements with barcodes. After that copies requested are only copies. But I think copies should be ok as long they have the bank logo and all info etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

cooperman123

Post by cooperman123 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Many thanks for everyone’s advice. No it’s Natwest Bank. The transaction statements do not have a barcode but has the NatWest logo the name and address of the Bank. There’s not much difference like I said between the bank printing them and me printing them in colour

Last time I tried asking the local branch to stamp them they flatly said no way not unless they’ve been printed by the bank
I really can’t see there being a problem but just wanted an opinion really and see if anyone else had submitted this type of thing and didn’t have a problem