ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after Ancestral visa - main applicant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spoelie
Newly Registered

ILR after Ancestral visa - main applicant

Post by Spoelie » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Good Evening. I just need to check the requirements - for a friend- as we are not agreeing on some of the facts. They want to apply for IILR after having their Ancestral visas (5 year stay)

Her husband is the main applicant (Ancestry from his Grandfather)
Herself and their two children are dependents of his Ancestry Entry Clearance.

Ever since entering the UK her husband (main applicant) has not been working (daddy-daycare) and she is the main bread winner working in the banking sector.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But when they want to apply for ILR it needs to be HIM (the main applicant) who needs to supply proof of work, salary slips, financial support, ancestry proof ect. This is were we are not agreeing on. The wife seems to think that she can be the main person providing proof of income bla-bla-bla. But according to me it can only come from the Main Applicant not the dependent?

I don't know what the other document requirements are (We came via the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route and have GB passports now). So I am quite unsure about what their requirements are.

If anyone could shed some light we would be extremely grateful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR after Ancestral visa - main applicant

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:50 pm

It is the main ancestry visa holder that had to prove they WILL work/intent to work when the ancestry qualifying person applied for the visa and HO will expect to see evidence of any work, full time or part time, from the main visa holder as ancestry is an employment/work visa. As far as I understand.

There was a member who had the same scenario a few years ago, I will try find the topic and post the link. I can't recall if it was refused or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Spoelie
Newly Registered

Post by Spoelie » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Thank you - Now I am even more sure than ever that I understood the application the right way.

So (as I also understands it) - regardless of the dependent's income (wife) it does not "count' as she is the dependent and not the main applicant.

Is there a minimum amount they must earn to qualify?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:06 pm

No there is no "minimum" income requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.