ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE ADVISE: MY TIER 2 VISA REFUSED

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sumesh4u
Newly Registered
India

PLEASE ADVISE: MY TIER 2 VISA REFUSED

Post by sumesh4u » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:08 am

I had submitted for tier 2 visa on Aug 24th 2018. On Sept 12th, I got email from UK decision centre asking me to send within 10 working days "A letter from UK NARIC confirming that my degree was taught in English" as a scanned attachment to SheffieldDocsRequested.India@fco.gov.uk. On Sept 18th, I emailed my English Language Assessment(ELA)from NARIC to the said email id. But on Oct 2nd I got the same email asking me to submit "A letter from UK NARIC". Since it was not clearly stated which letter from UK NARIC, I emailed them my ELA and Statement of Comparability (SoC). Again on Oct 16th, I got same email asking to submit "A letter from UK NARIC". I resend both ELA and SoC immediately and mentioned that I had already send it on Sept 18th and Oct 2nd. Inspite of all this, I got refusal letter on Oct 25th, with the main reason : You have not provided any confirmation from UK NARIC that your degree was taught in English and you have not provided any confirmation from UK NARIC that the degree you have is deemed to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK. We emailed you on 12/09/2018 and 02/10/2018 to request these documents and received no reply. "

So my doubts on why my documents were not received at UK decision centre, were
(1) whether the email ID they provided is correct. They asked me to send UK NARIC docs to SheffieldDocsRequested.India@fco.gov.uk. ...However I saw today in the forum here, that email ID for sending docs from India is SheffieldDocs.RequestedIndia@fco.gsi.gov.uk. Dont know which is correct.

(2) I came to know that UK NARIC also provides a document known as Visas and Nationality service (VAN) under "Red Route". The ELA and SoC comes under "Blue route". But the essential information on ELA and SoC about the comparability of qualification and English proficiency level is the same as that on the VAN service document. However I am not sure whether I need to obtain and provide VAN...or whether the obtained ELA and SoC docs be sufficient for my application. But my refusal letter says I did not reply when they asked me for these documents. If it was not the correct document I send, they should have mentioned I send the wrong document. Now how can I prove that I have send them the documents? Shall I request for a review.....please advise..